1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steven Wilson n00bvivor: Grace For Drowning Round 2

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Mosh, Aug 27, 2016.

?

vote for your LEAST favorite songs

1. Sectarian

100.0%
  2. Deform To Form a Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No Part of Me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Postcard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Remainder the Black Dog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Index

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Track One

100.0%
  8. Raider II

100.0%
  9. Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

Still haven't heard it all aside from those released live bits on Drive Home, etc

Are we doing all the solo stuff or are we stopping here? Storm Corrosion is great and I hope we do it next.

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

We're just going to do Steven Wilson solo albums. No Storm Corrosion or side projects. Definitely check it out/discuss it here if you want though.

3. Mosh

Bump.

Not a bad album at all.

4. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

I like this album, but I never listen to it.

For various reasons, I didn't pay much attention to Wilson's first two solo albums when they came out. When I went to see him in 2o13, I'd only heard them once or twice, and I hadn't heard Raven at all. It was an interesting experience, going to see an artist I knew well playing material that was all new to me. It was one of the best concerts I've been to, so I went back to the albums with a lot of enthusiasm. The studio versions of the Grace for Drowning songs turned out to be largely disappointing, though, sounding tired and anemic compared to what I'd seen live. It wasn't until I picked up the Get All You Deserve live album that I started to get back into the songs. Since it replicates almost the entire studio album, my copy of Grace for Drowning has been gathering dust since then.

5. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I promise I'll vote by tomorrow!

6. MrKnickerbocker

Grace, Prelude, Track One

Can't say I love this album. I definitely see the connection to Heritage as this feels like one of the most meandering, experimental albums since the early days. Not to mention the random flute solos...

7. Mosh

8. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Il try to listen this evening and take part hereafter but theres the uber mega death match of Republic of Ireland vs Wales tonight so it may not happen

9. Mosh

Going to update now to move this along, but feel free to jump in for round 2.

Eliminated

Grace for Drowning
    Raider Prelude
    Bella De Jour

Niall Kielt likes this.
  10. MrKnickerbocker

Sectarian
    Track One
    Raider II