Steven Wilson n00bvivor Results: The hiss of the train at the railway head

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Eliminated
To the Bone

The second group of promoted songs return!

Over the last two days I listened to every single song here. Once again, the range in quality is remarkable. The great songs are truly incredible, and the lesser songs are just plain not good. And of course everything else falls somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

Nine Cats
Burning Sky
Sky Moves Sideways
Dislocated Day
Signify
Even Less
Significant Other
Flicker
No Part of Me
Pariah

I do hope Hand Cannot Erase and Happiness III can stick around for a bit. While neither one belongs in the "Incredible" category, I'd still actually take both of them over many of the epics here.

Over the last two days I listened to every single song here. Once again, the range in quality is remarkable. The great songs are truly incredible, and the lesser songs are just plain not good. And of course everything else falls somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

Nine Cats
Burning Sky
Sky Moves Sideways
Dislocated Day
Signify
Even Less
Significant Other
Flicker
No Part of Me
Pariah

I do hope Hand Cannot Erase and Happiness III can stick around for a bit. While neither one belongs in the "Incredible" category, I'd still actually take both of them over many of the epics here.
I just like Even less. Of course I’ve been listening to the extended version off Recordings. It will probably make my next line of cuts.

Yup. Even Less is probably the one I like the most out of everything I voted for, and I definitely don't hate it, but I just don't find it as strong as the rest of the competition.

Eliminated
Nine Cats
Burning Sky
Signify
Shesmovedon
Significant Other
Flicker
No Part Of Me

First five + Regrets & Happiness III

Looking at the majority of the results for these finals, you could make a chart of Steven Wilson's quality and it would be an inverted "Rock/Heavy Metal" EQ setting with zero mids in the mix.

Eliminated
Sky Moves Sideways
Dislocated Day
Waiting
Even Less
Piano Lessons
Happiness III
Pariah

Now this is very hard, but I'm gonna be ruthless and vote for anything that I rate less than a perfect 10/10. Thus:

Lightbulb
Deadwing
Fear
Three Years
Hand
Regrets

Eliminated
Lightbulb Sun
Hand Cannot Erase

The last group of promoted songs rejoins the game!

A lot of really good songs here, but also plenty that don't deserve to go any further.

It looks like the final Signify song (Dark Matter?) might be missing, but it's not really a big deal, as nothing from that album really stands up to the elite-most songs.

Using all of my votes, which are going to the clearly inferior songs, along with the "pretty good" but not truly great ones.

First 5
Way Out
Insurgentes
Remember Me
Postcard
Raven
Last 2

It looks like the final Signify song (Dark Matter?) might be missing, but it's not really a big deal, as nothing from that album really stands up to the elite-most songs.
:facepalm: It's in now.

Eliminated
It Will Rain
Fadeaway
Stars Die
Insurgentes
Remember Me Lover
Postcard
Vermillioncore
Same Asylum As Before

It's pretty interesting how we're down to the final 18 songs, and we still have four albums that are fully represented by the maximum three songs. meanwhile, there are seven(7) albums without a single song remaining left in the game. I think it's safe to say that there is some consensus on what the best albums are.

Another interesting thing to keep track of is how many solo SW songs will make the Top 10. I can honestly see it not being anymore than 1-2, with the remaining 8-9 all being PT tunes.

Needless to say, it's no cakewalk as we come down to to the end. There's nothing here that can be considered bad by any means, but the show must go on!

Dark Matter
Don't Hate Me
Russia
Lazarus
Fear
Way Out
Raven
Regrets

Back