Steve Harris - The Clairvoyant (a book)

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
Edit: I have a few copies of the book left, if anyone's interested, please PM me. Original post follows below:

As someone posted something about a "Maiden studio experience" book, I'd like to post something about a book I've been working on, together with Stipe Juras (known as 'Maidencroatia' on the IMOC boards). He is the author, I'm the one who helped transcribe the audio interviews with Neal Kay and Dave Lights, and I translated the entire book to English.

Anyway, it's a book about Steve from the viewpoints of various associates, friends and fans, it's not a biography in the strictest sense. Some of the people who have spoken for it were Neal Kay (who did a whopping 70+ page interview), Lauren Harris, Dave 'Lights' Beazley, Dennis Stratton, Clive Burr, Paul Di'Anno, Dean Karr, Keith Wilfort and about a dozen more associates and fans. The book is hardcover A5 format, it contains around 300 pages.

You can find out more about the book on http://www.maidencroatia.com/steve-harris-book-2/. You can order it from me via private message here, at a lower price than advertised on the site. Here's what the book looks like:

steveharrisbook.jpg

To anyone interested, I can send the full Dave Lights chapter and the full Table of Contents.

Last edited:
Stipe (Maidencroatia) did, over the phone or via e-mail. I helped with the questions.

It looks really special.

Still, I find 47 Euro a bit expensive (10 euro Post & Packaging included).
But I can imagine this price from the author's point of view, and this is the special edition of course.

Keep me updated on the soft cover edition (price)!

Yeah, I know, but that's how it is because of the relatively small number of copies that will be printed, it's not something for the mass market, as Stipe said, he wanted it to be a custom-made project of top quality. However, we are in negotiations with various publishing houses, so there will probably be a paperback version. How soon, I really don't know.

The book (i.e. the last 40 or so hardcover copies) is now available for 15 € plus shipping costs (which won't exceed 5 €).

The link is here: http://www.maidencroatia.com/books/ if anyone is interested.

P.S. There are plans for a paperback version, but nothing firm.

Thanks for the info.
I also read about a book on Adrian Smith but I don't know if it's out yet or still being prepared. Can you tell me anything about it?

@ Forostar - no problem, it's not a secret. :D

The only thing is, Stipe has had some health issues that had knocked him out of commission for 4 or 5 months, it's only now that he's getting back into it, so the Smith book could maybe be done by December. He is also finalizing a Maiden-themed book for kids with some awesome illustrations and a book of Maiden fan stories which should come out early next month and in November, respectively.

Thanks for the update. I've just ordered it. I didn't before because of the price, but also because I 'd have liked to see a sample. At this price, the risk is not so big and I'll you what I think of the book.

Ah geez, a sample was always available, but I forgot to include it here... If anyone is still interested, here is the Dave Lights chapter which was offered as a sample from the very beginning. The sample also includes the full table of contents where you can see all the people who were interviewed for the book.

P.S. Thanks for your orders, guys. Just be advised that it might be a couple of weeks before the books are sent, as the author gets a bulk shipping discount (that's why p&p is so cheap), so he'll probably wait for at least 20 orders to come in. But at this price, I think it won't take that long to sell out all 47 remaining copies.

FUCKING HELL

Five months and still no book. I am very angry about this.

Was the opening of this topic a bad trick Ranko? You haven't come online since ages. I wanted to let you know that I have send you a pm and have also sent that site an e-mail.

Hey Forostar! I'm sorry about this, he told me he had sent the book the last time you and I exchanged PMs, I thought that was the end of it. I'll sort it out. If nothing else, I'll mail you a spare copy of mine first thing Monday.

Also, sorry for not being on the forum, but as Maiden is doing nothing at the moment, and I'm finishing my master's degree so I stopped visiting the forum.

Back