Status Quo

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I have always loved Status Quo. My dad introduced me to their music in the early 80s, so you can probably say they are the first hard rock band I fell in love with and they opened the door to what came next.

The albums they released during the 70s with the classic Frantic Four line-up are (mostly) great, so it is very sad to hear that Alan Lancaster has died :(

I have very fond memories of their reunion show at Hammersmith Odeon I was lucky enough to attend back in 2013. RIP Alan!

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
RIP Lancaster! Part of a great, heavy rhythm section!

Have a jam with Clive Burr and other brothers in rock up there.

Two Quo's left ....

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I have very fond memories of their reunion show at Hammersmith Odeon I was lucky enough to attend back in 2013. RIP Alan!

I saw them on a tour as the frantic 4, was that the same tour? doesn't feel like it was that long ago!

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
status-quo-1974.jpg

Vantage Point

Educated Fool
Went to the re-union gigs in 2013 & 2014 suspecting that I would like them more than previous Quo gigs, just because they were playing a set of songs from the 70s, which is of course when they released their best material. But I was really surprised at how much better they sounded with Lancaster and Coghlan in the band, they just played the songs as they should have been played.

Glad I got to see Alan with the band, may he rest in peace and I'll be enjoying his music for many years to come.

Boroking

I talk to planets…
I saw them at Glastonbury some years ago and they did a great set, very professional band, but didn't seem to bothered to be there. I had a collection of all their early stuff once, when they flirted with psychedelia. Some of it very hit and miss but a few good gems amongst it.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Went to the re-union gigs in 2013 & 2014 suspecting that I would like them more than previous Quo gigs, just because they were playing a set of songs from the 70s, which is of course when they released their best material. But I was really surprised at how much better they sounded with Lancaster and Coghlan in the band, they just played the songs as they should have been played.

Glad I got to see Alan with the band, may he rest in peace and I'll be enjoying his music for many years to come.

The Frantic Four reunion show I went to in 2013 is, together with the Ed Hunter Maiden gig I saw in 1999, the best example of an explosion of joy from fans after a long-awaited reunion had taken place. Boy was the audience loud and excited!

Nuff and Spud were a great rhythm section. The band were never the same without them, but they still rock.

Classic Rock have recovered a piece from the reunion to celebrate Alan Lancaster:

Last edited:

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Speaking of Quo, I have already mentioned that my I got into the band thanks to my dad. Funnily enough, my daughter's first proper rock concert will be, Covid-permitting, Status Quo in March. We cannot wait!