[SPOILERS] Maiden Live Webcast on NOW!

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
This event is now over. Click [a href=\'http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?showtopic=8732&st=0\' target=\'_blank\']here[/a] to read peoples thoughts on the show.

They played Wrathchild again.

I'm enjoying this gig [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This phantom of the opera is awesome. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 4 2005, 08:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 4 2005, 08:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This phantom of the opera is awesome.  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]107388[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yeah, but running free, that have to be cool [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bruce claims: "On a plank of wood with strings, Adrian Smith". Is this not offensive to the Holy Axe that many maidenfans bow down to? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The gig is over and it was awesome !!!

Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Phantom, The Number (and Davey's solo) and of course Iron Maiden with those explosions, Runing Free and Drifter..... well it was great as usual.

Dave and Steve were with Satan incarnate !!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:eek:mg:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/eek2.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'eek2.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What happened with the devil-chicks in NOTB ???

I think I just watch it again now [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] there were so much things I have to see again now [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Rock am Ring gig was nearly 100 minutes long. It's a pity that it wasn't longer, but I'd rather have 100 minutes with a band in full form than 2 hours with loads of gaps...

Man, the band were on fire and they played without pauses between songs! I would have loved to see Bruce ranting a bit more, but it seemed more a case of let's play and that's all!

Shows over folks. Will move this to Maiden Chat sometime tomorrow [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']*disclaimer: you might not give a f*** about the content of this post*[/span]

WOW, that was AWESOME.

I have a severe injury and I should stay at home three more months normally but I still bought a ticket for the Paris gig right when they started selling them. My girlfriend convinced me to stay home anyway but now that I've seen that I just can't [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I thought I could withstand with not seeing this one as I don't really like the Di Anno era but boy those songs kick ass live!!! (I only saw maiden twice [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] on the give me ed / DoD tour so I didn't know [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) And it's still friggin maiden anyway!

See ya in Paris [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

End of the useless exilarated post [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That was a great great show with the exception of Janick Gers he sucked as usual! For the love of God why does Steve keep him in the band the guy does the worst solos I've ever heard! Despite Gers it was a fantastic gig! Can't wait to listen to it again!

[!--QuoteBegin-LeopoldStotch+Jun 4 2005, 04:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LeopoldStotch @ Jun 4 2005, 04:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That was a great great show with the exception of Janick Gers he sucked as usual! For the love of God why does Steve keep him in the band the guy does the worst solos I've ever heard! Despite Gers it was a fantastic gig! Can't wait to listen to it again!
[snapback]107415[/snapback]​
[/quote]

How can you say Janick is bad? Are you really maiden fan?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 4 2005, 04:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 4 2005, 04:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]How can you say Janick is bad? Are you really maiden fan?
[snapback]107416[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Ive been a Maiden fan for over 20 yrs and I'll say it again, Jannick Gers Sucks! It's kinda funny how when he joined the band that he bought down Dave murray's playing not to mention they only had one good cd before Adrian and Bruce came back. Fear of the Dark was the only good cd that Gers was on without Adrian! Maiden were much better without him! That irish jig he does looks totally stupid!

[!--QuoteBegin-LeopoldStotch+Jun 5 2005, 01:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LeopoldStotch @ Jun 5 2005, 01:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Ive been a Maiden fan for over 20 yrs and I'll say it again, Jannick Gers Sucks! It's kinda funny how when he joined the band that he bought down Dave murray's playing not to mention they only had one good cd before Adrian and Bruce came back. Fear of the Dark was the only good cd that Gers was on without Adrian! Maiden were much better without him! That irish jig he does looks totally stupid!
[snapback]107428[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Janick did a great job on the solos he played tonight I think, much better than sometimes in the past.

What I really like about the solos in the songs is that they never play them 100% the same as on record or even like the night before. Especially Dave varies his solos almost every night which I find very refreshing.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jun 4 2005, 09:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jun 4 2005, 09:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It was good, but not great. They weren't quite in top form for all the songs. But I enjoyed it anyway.
[snapback]107402[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I do agree with that ,it wasn't a great show still it kicked ass on some songs:phantom of the opera, where eagles dare ,remember tomorrow,
it was only the fifth show of the tour ,by the tenth it will be perfect I hope

Back