Let's see how many references to Maiden's history we can come up with...I'll start.
1) The Wasted Years control panel from the Wasted Years single at the start of the video...
2. Charlotte from Charlotte the Harlot at the beginning of the pixel video game..
3) The Killers axe in space
4) Killers Eddie in the first pixel part (he uses his axe to destroy the flames too!...is the big bad guy who abducts Charlotte also a reference?)
5) In the second video game part there is a poster for Trooper beer on one of the buildings.
6) In the section where Eddie gets the second heart we can see the alien skull from TFF, the Cyborg arm from SIT and the foetus creature from SOASS all in jars as well.
Not sure but...
7) The donkey kong scene is taken from the Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter artwork
8) The bad guy is throwing boxes with eyes on them that flames up like the TV boxes on the Holy Smoke artwork
9) There's also a poster that looks like it could be original Eddie from the Iron Maiden cover at the bottom of the building that he starts out at.
Bruce does this cool thing with his voice again in the last "NiiiIiiiight" that he did a lot on his two 90s albums
The last level, the first-person one, is supposed to represent The Book of Souls, right? And that album is supposed to have a Mayan vibe to it, right? Then why, please in the name of everything explain it to me, why is there an Aztec sun stone?Aztec and Maya are not the same. They are not. Putting an Aztec item in a Maya environment is like depicting Plato's library with a Qur'an. The Aztecs appeared in the 13th century, the classic Maya age ended seven hundred years before that. They spoke entirely different languages and had entirely different belief systems. I know that in the 2012 hysteria, the Aztec sun stone was always shown depicting the Mayan calendar, and it was wrong then already.
I have to say, is is by far their best animated video. Maybe even their best video of all time.
Video for SOL also offers another proof of powers that Adrian Smith possesses. At 3:10 almighty H resurrects Eddie only with powers of a guitar solo and gives him strength to beat The Beast.