Somewhere back in time remaster

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Does anyone have this?

I downloaded it from HD tracks and I reckon they are taking the piss. They've just copied and pasted the tracks from the main albums they were originally on rather than actually remaster SBIT. This matters when it comes to the live tracks, none of the songs fade out so you get the crowd noise stopping dead when the tracks transition to the next song. You also get Bruce saying "oh good evening long beach arena" at the end of Aces High and "run to the hills!" at the end of Iron Maiden.

I'm wondering if it's HD tracks that have done this or is every remastered version of SBIT like this?

I'm not sure if this relevant but Spotify doesn't have these issues. All songs are 1998 Remasters and the fade out.

Onkyo says on the website that it's the 1998 remasters as well. I reckon it looks likely that Somewhere back in Time has not been remastered at all.

Today at Wal-Mart, they had a "box" SiT album (CD) edition, with collectable Eddie figurine & patch included.

Not sure if it's remastered or not, 'cause I was too distracted by the Eddie doll. You had to open the box to look at it, and then the store manager yells at you. He's a jerk.

(BTW turns out this makes a really bad Mother's Day gift.)

Back