Since reunion,lets talk about maiden albums and tours

dickinson1978

Ancient Mariner
Im a great fan of this era,i was a fan from early 90s,since fear of the dark,but as in other topic i remembered a lot of things about blaze era,i also remember many other things and feelings about reunion and albums

I remember when Brave new world was out,i bought the album and i was with my cdplayer cleaning the kitchen and smoking a small joint like preparing myself to enjoy bruce and adrian comeback.I remember wicker man blowing me,and ghost of navigator nearly make me like i was the most happy man in the earth,what an album,what a sound ( 9/10) Great tour,great stage and i loved the setlist

Dance of death as i said in other topic for me was a horrible album,horrible sound,songs didnt say anything to me,even paschendale i barely listen to it nowadays.I cant say a song that make me jump.....dont know its like Xfactor,maybe in 20 years i will enjoy it .( now im listening to Xfactor with a beer....not a joint,im older now LOL)( 2/10).Great stage,weird setlist,but surprises like lord of the flies

A matter of life and death,strange album,but in that album i find what i like of maiden,fast parts,epic parts,awesome chorus,great instrumental album. (8/10).Great tour but it was too much play the whole album........if they didnt play seventh son entiretly i dont see the point to do that.But we are talking about maiden guts.....Brave move

Final Frontier now the surprise factor of bruce and adrian comeback is over,i think that during the historic tours i just find maiden in the autopilot mode,great band but they are slowing their music.Great band and great show btw..but talking about the album i like some epic song,obiusly talisman,and i like el dorado,but i dont find the point to many others songs like the man who would be king and alchemist.........dont know,maybe one step forward from dance of death but i see the band like in 2003 without great ideas. (5/10)

The tour.......i thing its the same stage design changing eddie and front things....But cool as always.

So,since reunion for me we have a great album,bad album,great album,bad album sooooooooo next album has to be great.

Hello to all maidenfans,and sorry for the "article".

I know what you mean by great, bad, great, bad but they all are strong overall albums. I would like some more aggressive short songs like we got for Brave New World and maybe AMOLAD so I know what you mean. Hoping the new album has some singles so to speak

I remember wicker man blowing me
The language barrier can be funny sometimes. Anyways, it's difficult to say great, bad, great, bad when it comes to their last 4 releases because so many people have different opinions on what the best Maiden albums are. I'm sure there are just as many people that love DoD and TFF and hate BNW and AMOLAD. I think once the new album comes out, there will be some that love it and some that hate it just like the rest. I think Powerslave might be the most universally loved album in their catalog.

The language barrier can be funny sometimes. Anyways, it's difficult to say great, bad, great, bad when it comes to their last 4 releases because so many people have different opinions on what the best Maiden albums are. I'm sure there are just as many people that love DoD and TFF and hate BNW and AMOLAD. I think once the new album comes out, there will be some that love it and some that hate it just like the rest. I think Powerslave might be the most universally loved album in their catalog.
LOL blowing me is oral sex? LOL.

DOD and TFF for me are albums,specially DOD that i found really light and without good ideas,the epic song is not that epic,the fast song is not that fast.

Sorry if my english is not good! and i was a bit drunk LOL.

Everyone has their own opinions.....

Personally, I think Dance of Death is the best album they have made since Seventh Son. Closely followed by The Final Frontier.
Gig wise, I have enjoyed them all, but remember the energy of the Brave New World tour blowing me away. Could have been because it was the first time in some years that I had seen them in a big arena, with the big set and lights etc..

All the tours and albums are /were great in their own way. Dod is by far my favorite reunion album, but I loved the amolad tour best, just because of the new songs played. The ff setlist was outstanding, in spite of the crowd reaction. Too many at the gigs I attended least, not knowing all the songs. Brave new world is my least favorite album of the reunion, but shows were off the chain with excitement, due to the then-recent reunion. All in all it has been the answer to my prayers that the band is back together and I am absolutely enjoying the ride! Bring on the new stuff!!!!

Last edited:
Back