Sign of the Cross - piano cover

Forostar said:
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUmBZg_2rA

I like it. I think this really shows, that -no matter what form- the power of this track.

Wish 'Arry saw this!

(She also did many other diverse songs, such as Dio's Holy Diver, Maiden's Fear of the Dark, Pantera's Cemetary Gates, Smashing Pumpkin's Cherub Rock, Motorhead's Ace of Spades, Black Sabbath's Sweet Leaf, Slayer's South of Heaven & Seasons in the Abyss)

I do stuff like that quite frequently myself. It doesn't sound as good as this, though. Partly down to me having a cheaper keyboard, partly down to skill.

Doing the guitar harmony parts of Maiden songs on a keyboard is really fun, by the way. When I manage to nail them, that is. I can't do the one in the middle of Run Silent Run Deep as a harmony, for example - but Afraid To Shoot Strangers is a walk in the park.

Holy Metalstein, Batman. That was freaking awesome. That lady has got some serious skills.

Foro, she's in Amsterdam and looking for a band, according to her YouTube page. Get her into your band now.

Edit: I just started watching her Sweet Child O Mine cover, and noticed this...
Guns N Roses tuned their guitars down 1/2 step. They play in D, but it sounds in D-flat. She's playing the piano that way: in D-flat, which puts most of the song on the black keys!

Her "Master of Puppets" attempt is crazy. Her hands (especially the left) move awesomely fast.

I'm listening to it right now, but I noticed it's only 8 minutes long.  She quickened it up a bit?  It's hard to compare because I haven't listened to the Maiden version in ages and it sounds a bit different with piano.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Edit: I just started watching her Sweet Child O Mine cover, and noticed this...
Guns N Roses tuned their guitars down 1/2 step. They play in D, but it sounds in D-flat. She's playing the piano that way: in D-flat, which puts most of the song on the black keys!

Actually, when I sat down and learned that song a few years ago, I did the same ... and now I find it easier to play it in D flat than D. On guitar, I play it in D.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Holy Metalstein, Batman. That was freaking awesome. That lady has got some serious skills.

Foro, she's in Amsterdam and looking for a band, according to her YouTube page. Get her into your band now.

Hehe, way above my level. :)
But I could send her a message and ask if she's going to do more Maiden in the future.

I really like these Slayer renditions and the Holy Diver cover as well. The soloing is pretty cool too.

@EW: ATSS is on the white keys right? I remember I tried that one also, years ago.

Invader said:
I'm listening to it right now, but I noticed it's only 8 minutes long.  She quickened it up a bit?

She left parts out. E.g. the second couplet and Janick's solo part.

Back