Should Maiden include an instrumental song in their next album?

I think they should. Well, I do have a penchant for instrumental music, even though I'm very much a lyrics person. Anyway a new Maiden instrumental would be awesome, in my opinion.

I am of the same mind. I'd like to see Maiden do an instrumental (which will likely be completely different to their earlier ones). I do like lyrics, but it would be good to see something they haven't done in a long time.

Wait a second. Didn't Maiden just release a new album? It's gonna be at least another 3 years before we get another one (if ever).  Let's enjoy what we just got. Can we do that?

The Knife Master said:
Wait a second. Didn't Maiden just release a new album? It's gonna be at least another 3 years before we get another one (if ever).  Let's enjoy what we just got. Can we do that?

Yeah, in fact I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying TFF as well. Just curious to know if somebody else though it'd be great to hear a new instrumental. But I'm with Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000. If they end up not recording any new instrumentals, I'll be happy with the wordless moments in their future songs.

The Knife Master said:

I don't think hes trying to take away from TFF, just asking a question about the next album :)

I for one am extremely impressed with Maidens recent albums, 3 of the reunion albums (including the last two) are contenders for my top 5 maiden albums.

I'm not fussed if they put an instrumental in or not. It will be interesting to hear an instrumental after the reunion, with material from songs like TTLBL&H and TMWWBK.

Uhm..yeah, but I don't know how they should do it. They don't really write aggressive, energy fueled short tracks anymore, so any chance of hearing another Transylvania or Losfer Words is almost down to none. Could they make an instrumental the way they write songs nowadays, probably. The thought of a slower instrumental track might not be so bad either..I'm thinking maybe with some acoustic stuff a la end of The Prophecy  :blush:

Honestly, not really.  They haven't done one since 1984.  And I'm pretty sure that they write songs with vocal melodies and whatnot in mind where a full instrumental would be difficult to pull off.  I think Satellite 15 is the closest we'll ever get and that's not even truly an instrumental piece.

I have pondered this very question on the releases of the last few albums and I would answer to the affirmative... I can't see it happening though.

SixesAlltheway said:
Uhm..yeah, but I don't know how they should do it. They don't really write aggressive, energy fueled short tracks anymore, so any chance of hearing another Transylvania or Losfer Words is almost down to none.

The Alchemist ?

The Knife Master said:
What do you mean? That we can't discuss the fact that instrumentals are cool and that we'd like the guys to release a new one some day?

JackKnife said:
What do you mean? That we can't discuss the fact that instrumentals are cool and that we'd like the guys to release a new one some day?
The way the threat title and opening post was worded it was almost as if we were already starting to talk about the next album when the new one just came out. In fact the tour hasn't even started yet.

The Knife Master said:
The way the threat title and opening post was worded it was almost as if we were already starting to talk about the next album when the new one just came out. In fact the tour hasn't even started yet.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to sound like that. I was just wondering if somebody wanted to hear a new instrumental. That's all.

that's ok. Yes I would like to hear a new instrumental. In the vain of Losfer Words, preferably.

I would love something like Genghis Khan. Even though those days are gone, I know they still can pull something awesome.
I can easily see the later parts of Isle Of Avalon become a cool instrumental, if they developed it some more.

Would I like to hear another instrumental? Let's say I wouldn't ask for it. Bruce is my favourite singer out there, and I love to listen to him. I also think the vast majority of Maiden's lyrics on their recent outputs gave me a lot to think about, and I wouldn't want to miss that. The instrumental sections are very extensive, and they are great to listen to. They provide excellent musical illustrations of the ideas the songs carry.

On the other hand, I wouldn't say "no" if they did another one. It all comes down to whether it is good or not.

I would love it if they tried something "weird", something like an acoustic instrumental, or at least one with some degree of acoustic influence. I don't really care if it resembles their past wordless songs or not.

Back