Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

cyanopsis

Educated Fool
So for me to write the above about Death of the Celts, it takes a lot. Don't underestimate how it makes me feel to write what I've written.

For me, writing that is a big fucking deal. A BIG fucking deal.
I think it's only a very natural reaction. Your relationship with Maiden resembles that of a family and disappointment towards someone you rely on hits harder. The dynamic is strange however, because in this relationship, there's only givers (the band) and takers (fans) and the band can't put pressure on you as a fan and start demanding things. So the allegory of the family ends here.

I've been in this relationship for 37 years and I "know" these family members like my real family. However, they don't even know I exist. Hope you know where I'm going with this. Not only are you entitled to an opinion, you have every right to feel the way you feel.

Anyway, the rest of the record bangs!

PsychWard

Invader
Just need to get this out there: Magnificient album. Absolutely magnificent. Masterpiece. I tried so hard to not have any expectations and take the album for what it is. And I am glad I did, because it blew me away.

Listened with headphones on both vinyl and Apple Hi-Res Lossless and both sounded incredible - the production is miles better than BoS.

New Maiden is rare. Enjoy it while you can, because suddenly it’s over. Take art for what it is, and find enjoyment in the beauty. Accept the the parts of the album that you don’t like, and let it act as contrast to the parts you like, let it elevate and enhance the good parts even further - without becoming frustrated (because it doesn’t help you to be, it’s not like the band is gonna change anything).

I can’t wait to dive in again later today.

DJMayes

Ancient Mariner
Royal Mail arrived early this morning; Senjutsu did not arrive with them.

Here's hoping Music Glue use a different courier.

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Just need to get this out there: Magnificient album. Absolutely magnificent. Masterpiece. I tried so hard to not have any expectations and take the album for what it is. And I am glad I did, because it blew me away.

Listened with headphones on both vinyl and Apple Hi-Res Lossless and both sounded incredible - the production is miles better than BoS.

New Maiden is rare. Enjoy it while you can, because suddenly it’s over. Take art for what it is, and find enjoyment in the beauty. Accept the the parts of the album that you don’t like, and let it act as contrast to the parts you like, let it elevate and enhance the good parts even further - without becoming frustrated (because it doesn’t help you to be, it’s not like the band is gonna change anything).

I can’t wait to dive in again later today.
Great post. I am trying this too. It is not easy because I'm not a fan of some sections which are recycled or repeated a bit too often, but on this album there is a multitude of wonderful moments. That certainly helps! These moments lift up the very same songs, they carry the whole album. The bad is outbalanced by the good. Big time. That is the remarkable thing with this album for me.

They did not manage that in such a good manner on most previous albums by this line-up where we had songs with cringing vocals (TBOS), lesser music (including repetition, unoriginality) that dominated these particular songs thus affecting the albums (DOD, TFF, TBOS and to a lesser extent because only one song: BNW).

Of course, all is still fresh now, I may become more critical later on, but my current feel about the album, feels like a good start.

Last edited:

Severian

Have a good time, all the time!
I feel like any critic who would give this release a significent negative lashing has a specific grudge out for Maiden, I can understand not being a fan of Senjutsu but to say it's anything close to a bad album is madness

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
From the title track lyrics:
''Survive on ledges bitten in dust
Knowledge and virtue is stricken by lust
Really believe that they're coming for us
Dancing on graves
Of those who bled for us
''

from Hell On Earth lyrics:
''You dance on the graves who bled for us
Do you really think they'll come for us
Knowledge and virtue taken by lust
Live on the edge of those that you trust
''

Nice trick, Steve! :applause:

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
Just don't watch it. Gk1 shared it. Predictable, out of balance negativity.
Hold your horses there mate. Am I supposed to be the unbalanced negative creep? I do not care about people not agreeing with my opinion but I never did a personal attack to anyone. If this was directed at me I am not going to tolerate it!