Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Meliegree

Sound of distant drums
My wife, who listens to Pink and Sinatra on a daily basis, liked this album very much. Much more so than the 80s albums. The feeling of a person who is not a super-hyper fan like us is simple:
- unlike the first albums, the songs have more space to breathe and build atmosphere.
- Time Machine, Death of the Celts, The Parchment, Hell on Earth, Lost in a Lost World, and Writing on the Wall are now on "The Store Wandering Compilation" on her phone.
- whoever wrote the beginning of "Hell on Earth" had to lose the bet and squeeze as many melodies as possible there

Belshazzar

Yer Mum Can't Come
The awkward moment when the cover has a better mix/production value than the original. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?????

Polished sound, absolutely!

But the snare is a little too in your face, it just needs putting back a little bit.

Talented band too! No doubt! But in my mind a cover of a song should be a band's interpretation of the material - this is just straight up another band recording the same song, right down to the keyboards. It makes it sounds like a karaoke performance.

Disturbed's Sound of Silence or Land of Confusion, Cradle of Filth's Devil Woman or Hallowed be thy Name, Maiden's My Generation, Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams or Tainted Love.

They're all metal covers which take a song by another artist (even metal to metal in the case of Cradle) and are covered properly - the same material, but in the band's own style.

That's what a cover song should be in my mind, not simply a recreation of the source material more or less as is.

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
Polished sound, absolutely!

But the snare is a little too in your face, it just needs putting back a little bit.

Talented band too! No doubt! But in my mind a cover of a song should be a band's interpretation of the material - this is just straight up another band recording the same song, right down to the keyboards. It makes it sounds like a karaoke performance.

Disturbed's Sound of Silence or Land of Confusion, Cradle of Filth's Devil Woman or Hallowed be thy Name, Maiden's My Generation, Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams or Tainted Love.

They're all metal covers which take a song by another artist (even metal to metal in the case of Cradle) and are covered properly - the same material, but in the band's own style.

That's what a cover song should be in my mind, not simply a recreation of the source material more or less as is.
I see where you come from. I particularly like the extra bits in the background. Tiny guitar licks that make the song sound fuller and less stiff.

Last edited:

Belshazzar

Yer Mum Can't Come
I see where you come from. I particularly likes the extra bits in the background. Tiny guitar licks that make the song sound fuller and less stiff.
Yeah, it's a good performance absolutely! Talented players with a good sound.

Reactions: Gk1

cyanopsis

Educated Fool
Ahh it's like waiting to be released from prison (which I don't really have any experience in). I expect the CD to arrive in the mail in the next three hours but I can see the play button on Spotify in front of me. Tranquility. Endurance. Patience.

Meliegree

Sound of distant drums
If there's one thing that, for me, represents ZERO added value, it's a load of pictures printed on glossy paper. I mean I can do that at home for pennies.
Well, for me this has some added value. This build a little bit vibe for the album. However this also looks a little bit cheap. If I have to choose 'go cheap' or 'don't do it at all' I always choose 'Don't do it at all'. But I can see why some fans would be more than happy with this edition. For me deluxe boxset is cool enough.

Powrslave

Prowler
How much was this again??

Dood doesnt look committed enuff to the Band lol

The rolled up Scroll looked like a leaflet advertisement out of a Newspaper. I would of expected nothing less than like a Birth Certificate of Senjutsu dood in Japan thousands of years ago, with Braille 3D carvings you can feel complete with a treasure map to his Golden Sword hidden in the Volcano of Mt Fujiyama.

Ripped Off! :oops:

Stardust

Mr. Blue Sky
It's much better than some of the prices I've seen for boxsets. Granted, I'll be getting a duplicate booklet but that has already been taken care of and I'll get the missing booklet some time after.