Hear me listen my call
I am ready to fall
Lord hear me now – let me go
Ocean is black the devil’s track
Looking beyond beneath the sea
Eye of the storm is here again
Been there before you were ever born
Beyond the dark I feel the pain
It’s hidden but I can’t explain
A cross to bear
A heavy faith
My sorrow whispers
Sounds good. I was surprised that the verses didn't start with higher vocals, but that's just neat, makes the transitions more interesting and dynamic. Needs some more listens, but yess, it sounds very, very good and I'd believe it to be a great live number! I can already see and hear myself going OCEAN IS BLACK THE DEVIL'S TRACK in the crowd with fist in the air.
- classic Maiden "catchiness" is retained
- while similar to a few songs we all know, the melody feels like they're taking a different direction (same feeling when I first time heard The Red and The Black)
- Janick nails the solo and has once again proven to be an amazing composer
- the keyboards in the chorus are sublime and give it a nice touch
- Bruce sounds invincible no matter what.
For me this song is easily a 4/5.
P.S. DO NOT LISTEN TO TWOTW AFTER THIS. IT RUINS THE FEEL AND DOESN'T GO WITH THE RHYTHM.