Rolling Stones Mag.

A

Anonymous

int he rolling stones top 100 guitarists of all time no one from maiden is in it that really pissed me off!! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

they are never in any "top" anything countdowns. i agree. totally unfair.

thats not nice at all probably because there not "mainstream" enough!! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That list was very fucked. Because there were some guitarists on there that shouldn't be, some who deserved to be on there were other too low or too high on the # chart, and if it was supposed to be top 100 guitarists, then i wouldn't find it narrowed down to one genre. Most of them were rock or rock related but you got spanish guitarists who could prolly kick major butt but they're not on the list. Most of those "top" whatver lists are fucked

don't get me wrong, i'm not the hugest van halen fan, but come on... eddie van halen at #70? i mean the guy was innovative. he at least deserves the top 20. joan jett was right behind him, for christ sake.

that was f*cked up!!!!

what the heck is jack white doing there!!!
there could have been smith or murray!!!!

[!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

they just put on the musicians most people want too see on there to make them happy its all a load of srap!! mostly [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] pshhhhhh, bull sh*t, the only dam reason maiden is not inthe top 100 is because they all know there the best!!! and that the cant air them because if they do they know that maiden will crush EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! ohhh and by the way, hey all in joe! a newbie here go maiden, and keep up the great as music! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Jimmy Page was at number 9...... [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Page is my number one guitarist, even Ritchie Blackmore was at like 31, and Tony Iommi was very high on the list... Blackmore and Iommi practically invented Heavy Metal for christsake.

But Rolling Stone Magazine has never been very nice to either Page or Blackmore...

Heavy metal funs must not pay attention to this magazine....
This is only for people who likes RS, just none about music...
We all know who the best guitarrists are...

and WTF is curt cobain doing there. ok the man is dead and had best selling band in middle of 90`, but hes not that good

I'm pissed more than anything that John Petrucci isn't mentioned on there. The guy is one of the most talented guitarists ever and on a real list would've been Top 15 at least.

RS is full of shit and will always be.

[!--QuoteBegin-zyxel+Sep 18 2003, 11:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(zyxel @ Sep 18 2003, 11:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] and WTF is curt cobain doing there. ok the man is dead and had best selling band in middle of 90`, but hes not that good [/quote]
He made a lot of people start playing guitar though. He influenced virtually every metal guitarist who started in the early '90s. That makes him a pretty good guitarist whatever his ability. I like him.

But Murray and Smith should definitely be somewhere on the list!

And did you guys see what I saw??? Angus Young was number 96!! That's a scam!! he is not only good, but he influenced so many people, half the guitarists I know are inspired by him!! and Davey should be number 10 at least [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] there were alot of other dissappointments,If i recall anymore, I might cry over that mainsteam crapfest.. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

and where is Mike Nesmith from the Monkees on that list? he should be in the top 10!!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-kickerofelves+Sep 24 2003, 05:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kickerofelves @ Sep 24 2003, 05:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] and where is Mike Nesmith from the Monkees on that list? he should be in the top 10!!!! [/quote]
It's because his mum invented Tippex and we're all jealous of him because of it.

[!--QuoteBegin-zyxel+Sep 18 2003, 10:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(zyxel @ Sep 18 2003, 10:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] and WTF is curt cobain doing there. ok the man is dead and had best selling band in middle of 90`, but hes not that good [/quote]
But the guy looks so nice.
Well at least some of my female friends think so [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's just an awful mag without the faintest clue when it comes to reviewing metal! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wankers they are! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back