Review in Spanish: could someone translate ?

After a multible copy/paste into a online translator. Here it is. Some of the words and grammar might seem a bit wierd.

EMI
Score: 9,5/10

Dark, progressive, dense, elaborated, épico, deep, surprising, atmospheric, dangerous, length, mature, heterogenous, complex, powerful, unexpected, serious. They are adjectives valid but insufficient to outline an album like “A Matter Of Life And Death”.

It is an arduous task of undressing to me of veteran fanaticisms after the objectivity when I write on Iron Maiden, but I am being rigorous when I say that “To Matter Of Life And Death” is an excellent album, usable and recommendable of principle to aim. That yes, it is not an album easy to listen, nor able to convince totally to the first attempt, being the confirmation of the movement of the sound of the Doncella to more progressive map courses.

This progressive change showed his first sparkles in “Seventh Are Of To Seventh Are”, being perpetuated in the following deliveries, accentuated in “Brave New World”, extended in “Of Death Dances”, and arriving at its culmination in the present “To Matter Of Life And Death” of long subjects, half times, elaborated compositions, complex instrumental passages and lírica serious and jeopardize. It is an album that invites to deepen in him, it forces to discover its infinity of details and is able to wake up more curiosity at the most is listened to. He is diverse and it surprises as seemed unthinkable in a group like Maiden with a sound so definidamente characteristic, expanded in a delivery where their hidden corners more without losing an apex of their essence have been explored.

Seated almost permanently in the half time, with sparks of speed and some that another show of forcefulness, “To Matter Of Life And Death” it has taken to the end some of the aspects differentials of Maiden, aside from stretching the cord in most environmental. The slow moments of the album are slowest, atmospheric and dark that never has recorded Maiden, appreciable in the intros of “These Colours Don't Run”, the asynchronous “Brighter Than To Thousand Suns”, “The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg “, “Out Of The Shadows”, “The Longest Day” or “For The Greater Good Of God”.or “The Legacy” magnifies such sensation. Indeed in this last one another one of the characteristics of the album is exaggerated, highly progressive the instrumental passages, finding unexpected surprises like interludio of “Out Of The Shadows”, completely different from the listened thing in Maiden day of today.

“To Matter Of Life And Death” he is enemy of hits, understood like singles short and direct of singable and saltables refrains in direct. The exception is “Different Worlds”, that it opens of deceptive way the album, transmitter of optimism and joy, being the most accessible song of the album in addition to its pattern similar to “Brave New World”. But the general conception of the album is well different, so and as “The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg” announced, unfortunately the only legacy of Dave Murray in “A Matter Of Life And Death”.

Separate mention deserves the voice of Bruce Dickinson, full in all the album, guessed right in the application of the accent more adapted convincingly to express the lírica that it recites, endorsed to this end with the surprising exploration of unpublished registries until now. This fact is more than evident in the subjects in which has participated in its gestation, risking with its cords and where its concrete contribution approaches a own sound of his andares in solitaire.

But not only Bruce Dickinson is able to transmit the message of “A Matter Of Life Of Death”, in the general allegations to the terrorism, the war and the religion. Iron Maiden to the complete one traditionally is able to transmit feelings with an agreed one, to acclimate situations with a rate slope, or to cause an explosion in its ascent. A clear example is “The Longest Day”, that it obtains transportarte to beaches normandas living the previous restlessness to the disembarkation as well as undergoing in the advance of the troops day “D”.

With respect to the production, there will be opinions for all the pleasures. I have an opposed sensation. To my to understand is too linear, direct, little deep to lodge a content like the one of “A Matter Of Life And Death”. On the other hand, this aspect can obtain good results, when not overloading a so dense album. Yes it is certain that at some time the battery or the low one excels too much, and the voice of Bruce Dickinson and some single one too much is hidden, but generally it is not a as exaggerated aspect as to be inferior to the album.

Step to detail the songs.

“Differerent World” opens the disc of deceptive way, then little it has to do with the outcome of the album. He is peculiar to listen to the initial shout (I imagine that of Nicko), frivolous detailcomedian for a disc of so serious caliber. Purely Iron Maiden, it is the subject that any theoretician of the group would have indicated as first single of the disc, for being the freshest song, accessible and purely Maiden of all the album. In fact by minutaje it is of the few that could aspire to a position in charts of singles British. Of cut very similar to “Brave New World”, typical product of the factory Smith, one opens to passage between riffs marks of the house, encouraged by a refrain it cheers that it contrasts with I pull ahead sober of the rest of the album.

“These Colours Don' t Run” is a song that details the motivation of the soldiers to push to them to kill the enemy, concealing a critic of Dickinson to certain non-pleasing North American citizens. More in the tonic of the album in general, as far as conception and duration, intro is born with one slow environmental, in order to end at a half time in which It brushes loose all its rage to the microphone. Listening to the refrain I can imagine to me to all the group jumping on the scene, accompanied by the public. The instrumental interval surprises by the great presence of keyboards, in a style very similar to that we enjoyed in “Seventh They are Of To Seventh Are”, the album that supposed the change without which today we could not have an album like “A Matter Of Life And Death”. In him also we listened to lines of guitar that urge, as foreseeably it happens, to the typical song that is united to accompany them. Intro is used like outro, resource that will be repeated in later subjects, like in the following “Brighter Than To Thousand Suns”.

“Brighter Than To Thousand Suns” is one of the best subjects of the album, and also one of that it presents/displays riffs more forceful. With certain asynchronous and progressive air, stormy in the feelings that it transmits, it relates the shames of the atomic pump. The refrain is exceptional, that via crescendo it culminates with one of the most interesting moments of the album. Constant changes of rate make of the song an originality sample and that hooks by its capacity of surprise. Attention to all and each one of the notes of the single ones that not only adorn it but that complete it conceptually. Bruce Dickinson experiments with its voice as never we have heard it in a delivery of Maiden, enjoying a subject in which note without a doubt its inspiration.

“The Pilgrim” is one of the two compositivas contributions of Gers. Of I touch Arabs, it is a subject more in the line of the Maiden most classic. In him Bruce Dickinson returns to make use of a predominant serious registry in the refrain of doubled voices. It is a subject that seems simple in comparison with the rest of the disc, although if you enter yourself in its shades you discover that it is not it absolutely. The changes of rate, the single ones, the guitar games that accompany to melodí in background, the complex mixture of mesopotámica ambientación that obtains the keyboards and riffs marks of the house make of “The Pilgrim” a very interesting subject.

“The Longest Day” is another one trallazo. A trip to the coasts of Normandía D-day, it transmits the sensation sonically of intrigues and previous fear to the attack at some moments and the desperation by the uncertainty of its outcome. Resembling itself a classic orquestación, Maiden is able to transmit the situation of a soldier in the middle of a so extreme situation. This fact, together with the great musical quality of the subject, it does one of most outstanding. With many remarcados instrumental passages, in where you can listen to firings of metralletas forceful blow of riff or perfectly glimpse the horizon with melosas notes combined by the brilliant “British triguitartito”, it again shows Bruce Dickinson of full in its sauce.

“Out Of the Shadows” could consider a ballad in all rule, coverall being Iron Maiden, combining electrical guitars with its acoustic sisters. Without a doubt the dickinsiano cut of the album, with clear reminiscencias to “Tears Of The Dragoon”, specially in the refrain. With the insurmountable quality of a Maiden in trasfondo, the song leaves the shades accompanied in its way by single by great quality, very atypically almost blueseros, precious and outstanding in its final culmination. It begins like a progressive gale, in order to arrive at almost unpublished levels of smoothness, surprising with interludio instrumental unexpected and completely different from the habitual thing.

“The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg” is peculiar single chosen to present the album the world, number one of sales in our country, significant thing considering that was available in the Web of the group. One develops surrounded in I haul of the dark and mystery, increased by the voice of Dickinson in slow intro, defeat after a silence by heavy riffs that advances threatening. But after such sobriety one of the épicos subjects hides, coreables and pegadizos, that surely it will be followed by the thousands of throats that enjoy their direct one in the next tour. A simple detail more of many than points the subject but that they give much riquieza him: the varied game that Nicko McBrain gives to his I chat.

“For The Greater Good Of God” shows others of the subjects treated in the album, the religion and badly the use of her that certain visionaries do. Composed in exclusive feature by Harris, it breathes its four cords of principle to aim, omnipresent in all the album, presenting/displaying a épico refrain accompanied by fast lines of guitar and inquisidores choirs. Interesting the conversion that does intro. It passes of the sensation of slowness and mysterious calm to an energetic and powerful beginning by means of a simple addition of riffs and blows of timbalas, maintaining the rate initial. Based on guitars and cabalgantes rates, as it likes Steve, it finds the definitive brilliance in the game of guitars of its refrain, acclimated to key blow.

“Lord Of Light”. Under this title one of the darkest and peculiar subjects of the album accidentally hides, in that Bruce Dickinson displays its resisted resources more. A strange song even for an album like “A Matter Of Life And Death”, where melodía of the hipnotizante intro, slowly and with Bruce Dickinson singing melosamente, one again strains within the innovator and surprising subject, acquiring a psicodélico look. Also peculiar they are the previous sounds of guitar to the single interchange of end (where the second as soon as it is listened to, in an a my to understand failure of production).

“The Legacy” is the final surprise, magnanimous colofón of the album, that it passes by waters calmed in most of its section of acoustic guitars, that they become turbulent at progressive moments where they receive speed devastating yet to its step. Spectacular it is the final moment that alternates doubled to voices and guitars, in one of the compositivos tips of the album, pleasingly inspired by Janick Gers.

To comment that the limited edition contains a DVD in which we can see the “Making Of “of “A Matter Of Life And Death mainly”, narrated in English by the components of the group, and where are the mysteries of their gestation. Sample recordings in the study, interviews to the musicians and Kevin Shirley, the classic jokes of Nicko, presentation of the instruments… a pity that does not contain subtitles.

It comes accompanied by the video paper clip from “The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg”, by an interpretation in the study of “Different World” and a gallery of photos made during the recording of the album.
Without a doubt “To Matter Of Life And Death” he is as dangerous as its title marks, a question of life or death. Recommendable for everything they fan of the band that has followed its evolution from the beginning and it does not apostatize of “Dances Of Death” (or in general of its sound post-Birch). Advisable to the lovers of progressive music who watched reunion of the group.

I know that a so high note to many will seem exaggerated, coverall those that have found “To Matter Of Life And Death” a boring disc. But it seems to me an excellent album (than more remarkable but without being perfect, obvious). The average point of I have more added by its capacity of surprise and innovation to it, really unexpected by a servant at this point of its race.

Será odiado o venerado, como suele suceder con todo lo producido por Maiden. Prácticamente no hay lugar para la indiferencia y el término medio. Yo me apunto ya mismo a la veneración, en la que gustosamente me he aposentado tras varias escuchas.

Hèctor Prat

Hasse78 said:
Será odiado o venerado, como suele suceder con todo lo producido por Maiden. Prácticamente no hay lugar para la indiferencia y el término medio. Yo me apunto ya mismo a la veneración, en la que gustosamente me he aposentado tras varias escuchas.

Something like that:
"It will be hated or loved, as usually happens with all Maiden albums. There's no place for indifference or half measures. I score right now at the veneration, in which with pleasure I have lodged myself after several listenings."

A great review, indeed!

An online Translator? That is a disgrace and insult, honestly. Not to mention this very same review was posted by Gor http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=12436.0 and painstakingly translated by yours truly... THIS is an accurate translation, grammar and all.
oh shit, my bad, it is the same author but it is a new and more complete review... I'll have it translated (properly) tomorrow, sorry about that guys.

Onhell said:
An online Translator? That is a disgrace and insult, honestly. Not to mention this very same review was posted by Gor http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=12436.0 and painstakingly translated by yours truly... THIS is an accurate translation, grammar and all.
oh shit, my bad, it is the same author but it is a new and more complete review... I'll have it translated (properly) tomorrow, sorry about that guys.

Phew men ... I'm a teacher of Secondary Education (English language) and translator... never trust online translation programmes nor PowerTranslator stuff ...

Rafa Basa runs (or used to run) quite a thorough radio programme here in Spain. Try and look for reviews by "El Pirata" or Mariano Muniesa. For Rafa Basa, everything is fine, as long as he's paid to say so.

Onhell said:
An online Translator? That is a disgrace and insult, honestly.

A disgrase and an insult.?? :uhm:
I was expecting a thanks since no one else bothered to translate it.

Sorry if I not had the time to learn spanish. :huh:

Back