REMACHINED - Featuring Iron Maiden!!!

TheNew#2

Invader
Just posted by Deep Purple on Facebook:

'The rock album of the year - due September 2012 and to be announced later today by Classic Rock Magazine - REMACHINED is a celebration 40 years in the making, to commemorate the musical milestone that is Deep Purple's Machine Head. Featuring some of rock's greatest artists, REMACHINED will be released initially by CR Magazine 3rd September, with global dates to follow:

1. Smoke on the Water – Carlos Santana
2. Highway Star - Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I’m A Leo - Glenn Hughes /Chad Smith/ Luis Maldonado
4. Pictures of Home - Black Label Society
5. Never Before - Kings of Chaos (Joe Elliott/ Steve Stevens / Duff McKagan / Matt Sorum / Arlan Schierbaum
6. Smoke on the Water - The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy - Jimmy Barnes & Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin' - Iron Maiden -
9. When a Blind Man Cries - Metallica
10. Highway Star - Glen Hughes /Steve Vai/ Chad Smith/ Lachlan Doley

Hearing of Jon Lord's sad passing, Glenn Hughes assembled some friends to cut Highway Star last week as a tribute to his dear friend. The performance is one of the greatest performances Glenn Hughes has committed to record.'

I'm pretty exited for this!

Extremely rare to see Maiden doing something like this. I think Santana's version of Smoke on the Water will be cool too. Good find.

Cheers, but yes I know what you mean, rare indeed; does this perhaps have anything to do with that Kevin Shirley FB status some time ago, saying he'd been doing some stuff with the band? As well as Space Trucking, Bonamassa on Lazy promises to be awesome! :D

Isn't Space Trucking one of the never-heard b-sides from AMOLAD?
Or was that a different Purple track?

Looks like we are finally going to hear that Space Truckin' cover Maiden recorded for an AMOLAD B-side.

Finally indeed !

So initially this CD was meant as a dead normal tribute to the Machine Head album (most recordings were probably done before Lord died, and this was probably scheduled a while back).

But it looks like they waited with the news. Waited for someone to die to get more attention for it.
(even if it can be argued that there's not much wrong with it, I couldn't suppress that thought, sorry)

Perhaps this is that very special song that caveman was sorting out for them?
should be pretty good :)

IRON MAIDEN's "Space Truckin'" cover was actually recorded back in 2006. Lead singer Bruce Dickinson explains, "Initially we didn't think we'd be able to contribute anything due to our touring commitments. Then we remembered 'Space Truckin'' which we'd recorded as a single B-side during our 'A Matter Of Life And Death' album session, but never used. However now, thanks to Kevin Shirley's remixing skills, we're able to include it on 'Re-Machined'."

AMOLAD spawned 2 singles in 8 different releases, with only one release having a B-side cover, Hocus Pocus on European Different World DVD single. That's plenty enough of releases to include other three recorded covers. I suspect they weren't so satisfied with them, however Tush jam sounds nice, Angel Of Death is almost Iron Maiden format song, and now they're including Space Truckin' on this tribute album. So go figure.

This should be cool, Machine Head is one of my all time favorite albums and they certainly put together some great acts for this project.

The song is on youtube already. I don't think that I can post a link to that song due to forum rules. Good cover indeed, raw sound for me, but for this song it's good sound!

Back