Recordings with Paul Day or Dennis Wilcock?

A

Anonymous

The earliest Iron Maiden recording (aside from the Spaceward demo session 31/12/1978) that I know of is some show from Ruskin Arms in October 1979 (I think it's October)...

Are there any in circulation with Dennis Wilcock or Paul Day?

Assuming that it was Paul Di'Anno on the Spaceward tape (which it was)...no official recordings will exist with Wilcock or Day. Some lucky kid from the late 70s might have a tape rotting somewhere in his junk. Likelyhood of that ever going public - nil.

Steve has gig tapes going back to 1976/1977 but he says he'll never release them. He also had a video of the band gigging and backstage in 1977 but it was taped over.

Do they not have a name for the rhythm guitarist?

Not that different to the familiar version, only difference, other than tempo, seems to be the build up part before the solos the guitars are playing chords and making noise rather than matching the bass.

Is he accusing a member of the crowd as being "prowler" at the end?

The earliest Iron Maiden recording (aside from the Spaceward demo session 31/12/1978) that I know of is some show from Ruskin Arms in October 1979 (I think it's October)...

Are there any in circulation with Dennis Wilcock or Paul Day?

There are recordings of all the eras of Maiden but I don't think most of them will see the light of day outside a very few selected people.

Having said that I think there are at least two live recordings with Paul Day and there are quite a few with Dennis on vocals (I know about at least 4)

Mister Paul Mario Day was on the very nice band Sweet, you can find a gig with him on youtube. Fun fact: out of 5 maiden vocalists (excluding Harris), 3 of them are Pauls

Back