Record Collection Help

Hey guy's i have to tell you all i am not really an IM fan, i have never listened to any of there stuff so i need your help.

I have had in my possession for a while a record box set called "Iron Maiden Up The Irions" i am planning to sell on EBAY and have no idea what it is worth, would any of you be able to help me please and give me some advice on it.

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

Those are mostly 12" singles and EPs, most of which aren't that easy to find any more.  You'll probably get a decent price. 

cornfedhick said:
Those are mostly 12" singles and EPs, most of which aren't that easy to find any more.  You'll probably get a decent price. 

can you give me a rough estimate of what i should accept or not accept ect please

Sorry no clue how much I would ask for it but it indeed looks rare. A vinyl The First Ten Years collection.

It is rare, but you must advertise it as The First Ten Years on vinyl - as noted by Foro. Advertise it as "Iron Maiden Up The Irons" and you may not get the best price. If it is in good nick, you will get a decent amount of interest - a quick look on ebay and there are one or two with bids on and going for £60+.

Looks like you're missing the Wasted Years/Stranger in a Strange Land single, at least in the pictures. Maybe you should make a note of that when selling, just to be honest to the bidders.

Ranko said:
Looks like you're missing the Wasted Years/Stranger in a Strange Land single, at least in the pictures. Maybe you should make a note of that when selling, just to be honest to the bidders.

Yes ok i will do thank you for all your help, i really don't know what should be in the box so i will tell the people in my description everything in the pictures is what is inside the box

If everything in the picture is what's in the box, maybe someone here could help you write a good advert as well...

Forostar said:
Here you can read what should be inside if you'd have a complete set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Ten_Years

Looks like you have 9 discs, and there should be 10.
Do you indeed miss this one?

I am not sure which one if any are missing, however i have 3 extra vinyl which are just in white cases those 3 records in the picture are 3 extra which don't come in record cases like all the rest in the box, perhaps they are what i am missing just without there case ?

You're the one to find that out with help of the site and by looking at the records you want to sell.

Goodluck!

TimeSplitterChimp said:
I am not sure which one if any are missing,
It is exactly as stated - The Stranger in a Strange Land/Wasted Years EP (assuming all the EPs inside their respective sleeve match what is on the cover).

As for the other three....
TimeSplitterChimp said:
however i have 3 extra vinyl which are just in white cases those 3 records in the picture are 3 extra which don't come in record cases like all the rest in the box, perhaps they are what i am missing just without there case ?
Two look like they are from the collection - the ones with Eddie under the street light. But the third looks to me like the like the Piece of Mind album - the one with the brain.

Can you give details of what is written on the label (track list etc.)? A close up photo of each of those three may help.
Edit: Just looked at the photo close up and the one on the bottom left is Piece of Mind. The one on the bottom right looks like it has got Stranger in a Strange Land on the label and the one on top looks like it has Reach Out and Sheriff of Huddersfield - the B-side of Wasted Years. If that is the case (can you confirm?), you have the complete collection minus the outer sleeve for The Stranger in a Strange Land/Wasted Years. But don't sell the Piece of Mind album as part of the First Ten Years package. Sell it as a bonus record or something.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
:eek: You've NEVER listened to Maiden?!?!?! You have no idea of the super amazeness you're missing out on!

Guns N' Roses are my addiction lol, what Maiden songs could you reccomend, i love ballads but i doubt they have any ballads ?

1 word: Paschendale
but if u like ballads try Journeyman

TimeSplitterChimp said:
Guns N' Roses are my addiction lol, what Maiden songs could you reccomend, i love ballads but i doubt they have any ballads ?
Children Of The Damned
No Prayer For The Dying(title track)
Wasting Love
Blood Brothers
Journey Man
Out Of The Shadows

you should get a nice record player and listen to Piece of Mind(the one with the brain) i believe i saw it in one of your pics

Back