Read it before u can buy it

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
Dark Tranquillity - Projector ***** Review by Greg DeadBaytar

Hail to those who are waiting for the new Dark Tranquillity album to come out to get it, listen it and pray to \"someone you believefor the existence of Dark Tranquillity...

I' m sure noone here needs a DT bio or discography which shows their musical progression over the years. If you heard of DT a few days ago, don' t waste your \"precious\" time here... But if you are a DT fan and haven' t heard the Damage Done, (actually it has not been released yet ) you will be thrilled! It rocks!!!

For sure way better than Haven. (which is also great actually) Also it has a lot of similarities with Haven. The piano passages, powerful chords and a lot of things that you will figure out when you listen to the album. And there is only a few similarities with the Projector.

The fans of the \"Stanne' s clean vocals\" are gonna be disappointed about this cos' no clean vocals on this album. Actually i like his clean vocz but on this album, his brutal vocal is more aggressive than the Haven.

Now the guitars... The melodies are brilliant! Really original and when i first heard them, i immediately picked up my guitar and figured them out... now i' m playing those melodies and having a great time

Songs are faster and more energetic than Haven. But i must say that with the first notes of the Final Resistance, you' ll think that it's kind of a bonus track from Haven that you' ve never heard before. But wait for a second to find out that this is no Haven but a really good entrance to the album.

There are a lot of keyboards in every song but it's only a base for the guitars actually. Hours Passed In Exile and Single Part Of Two are a lot of Haven-esque. Monochromatic Stains is one of the bests in the album. It makes you to move, jump around or do something! The other song Cathode Ray Sunshine has a nice melody and this melody leads the song.

Treason Wall is my favorite song on the album. With a superb melody and energy, the song has everything that a good song should has. It has got the fastest parts on the album. And when i listened to this song, i prayed to God (well... this is the one i believe ) that Dark Tranquillity to come to Istanbul again and blow me for the second time. (The first show was an extraordinary show by the way. Bassist Michael Niklasson played the drums on Zodijackyl Light for the first time on a DT gig ever and he was really cool.)

The title track is one of the bests too. It has a \"The Crown-esque\" intro and then the song changes to tipical DT. Simply beautiful. The last song Ex Nihilo is an instrumental song which is moody, slow, sad and sorrowful.

In conclusion,
I think Damage Done is better than Haven and this album will satisfy you. The fans of the old DT, it's too late for returning to roots. DT set it's standarts and will go on this way. But only good news for the old DT-ers is, the melodies on this album are much more alike to old DT's than the melodies on Haven. There are no happy or \"i' ve opened a new window to myself and i'm starting a better life\" kind of melodies here... (what the hell did i just say? ) I think you get what i mean.

Soilwork' s Natural Born Chaos is grandeur, Dark Tranquillity' s Damage Done is... hmmm... really satisfyingly great and the third explosion will be In Flames. It will come out a few months later and i' m sure... no! I KNOW it will be brilliant. Oh how lucky we are who listen to METAL!!!!!!

The End: If you love Dark Tranquillity, you will love Damage Done

Back