1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reach Out

Discussion in 'Somewhere In Time' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Reach Out' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'reach Out'

i realy like H's singing [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
    this song shouldnt be a b-side...it is only 8songs on SIT,it wouldnt hurt to have some more

cheers

3. dogigniter

dogigniter Ancient Mariner

'reach Out'

Personally it sounds more like ASAP than Iron Maiden.

Admittedly I like both, but in either context, the songs still very cheesy and crap.

4. The Ancient Mariner

The Ancient Mariner Ancient Mariner

'reach Out'

Cheesy but fun song. Nothing bad about it, the vocals are very good and make a nice change, they suit the song more IMO.

5. TheTrooper666

TheTrooper666 Trooper

'reach Out'

yeah - this song wouldn't be acceptable on the album- its a great Bside though - and it does indeed sound like ASAP.

H's singing is really good!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'reach Out'

it's definitely more on the "poppy" side, which H seems to appreciate more than enyone else in the band, but it's bloody good. Better than Bryan Adams, no doubt'bout'it. Nice voice, raw & mellow at the same time. H should go solo more often & take the mike on some more Maiden numbers as well, or try some discants the way Savatage do.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'reach Out'

Man, I really gave this one four and a half! This song, with its good old riffs, just makes me feel good. Lovely singing indeed - Adrian is simply smooth [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , and Bruce does a great job as backup vocalist. I love the bass line, the drumming, the whole sound. This is a regular pop rocker, but done by Maiden and that can be felt.
    As for the message, what can I say? Cheesy? Come on, don't we all need a special someone in our life?

Happy the group that has such B-side material.

8. lenny76

lenny76 Prowler

This has got to be the best B side they've ever done. It's pop rock yes. But this is just really really good! Wish Adrian would sing more!

9. PyroMessiah

PyroMessiah Prowler

I absolutely love this song.  By faaaaaar my favorite Maiden B-Side.  I think this song could have been a hit.  It's infectious.  :ok:

10. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have to ask: is it true that H plays bass on Reach Out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasted_Years

11. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

No. It's a misinterpretation that came from Listen With Nicko series. 

http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?ur ... nk=singles

He's talking only about Juanita and That Girl, not Reach Out. Not that it matters - "recorded on ourselves" means that Smith and McBrain recorded the guitars and drums first. There's a clearly Dave Murray solo in That Girl. And you can hear Harris' playing on Reach Out.

I extended Wasted Years wiki article couple of months ago, now I'm going to double check parts not written by me.

12. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

9/10

A glorious piece of 80’s classic rock featuring Adrian Smith on lead vocals. Bruce sings backups for a change and oddly enough, it sounds amazing! We shouldn’t be surprised, as Adrian is the All-Powerful God of Songwriting and Performance. It’s a catchy song that probably planted the seed for Adrian to leave the band after the next album and start a solo project (where he would reunite with many of the players from Hackney).

13. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

8/10

I like this one a lot. Adrian has (or had?) a surprisingly good voice. Very comfortable to listen to. But that guy doing the backup vocals in the chorus.. Wow! Did he get a great career? :D
    Very different for Maiden, but I like this side of Adrian.

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  14. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

I always dug ASAP and I like this song too. H does have a cool voice.

15. Metal Warrior 330

Metal Warrior 330 Educated Fool

I think its a great song and Adrian has an awesome voice. I also like A.S.A.P's Silver and Gold album

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  16. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Would have been funny if the band had recorded this song under a pseudonym as an A side of a single...and it had been a hit!