Rate all official Maiden live albums worst to best

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Let's rate all official Maiden live albums worst to best. I'm referring to all audio releases, Video/DVD releases not included. No matter if currently out of print or not.

My vote:

-
A Real Dead One
A Real Live One
Death On The Road
The Book OF Souls - Live Chapter
Nights Of The Dead, Live Mexico City
Live At Donington (1992)
Maiden England
En Vivo
Flight 666
Live After Death
Rock In Rio
+

p.s.:
If something like this had been done in the past with another thread, I apology. But lacking in time to dig deep.

Let's rate all official Maiden live albums worst to best. I'm referring to all audio releases, Video/DVD releases not included. No matter if currently out of print or not.

My vote:

-
A Real Dead One
A Real Live One
Death On The Road
The Book OF Souls - Live Chapter
Nights Of The Dead, Live Mexico City
Live At Donington (1992)
Maiden England
En Vivo
Flight 666
Live After Death
Rock In Rio
+

p.s.:
If something like this had been done in the past with another thread, I apology. But lacking in time to dig deep.
I’m shocked you rate death on the road worse than nights of the dead!

NOTD sounds like a slightly polished bootleg to me with fake crowd noise. I do enjoy it but both DOTR and BOS: live chapter are way better.

A problem I have with DOTR is the choice of songs. I didn't really like the setlist of that tour. And Paschendale on DOTR is in big parts hard to listen to IMHO.

The original Maiden England is the best one but it was just a VHS not an album. I like Beast Over Hammersmith too besides the awful compression. I listen to the TV version of Rock In Rio and I like it.

1) Live After Death
2) Rock In Rio
3) Death On The Road
4) Flight 666 // Beast Over Hammersmith
5) En Vivo
6) The Book Of Souls - The Live Chapter
7) Maiden England
8) Live At Donington
9) A Real Live One
10) A Real Dead One
11) Nights Of The Dead
12) Raising Hell

Last edited:
My rating, best to worst!
  1. Live After Death
  2. Flight 666
  3. Rock in Rio
  4. Maiden England
  5. Beast Over Hammersmith
  6. Death on the Road
  7. En Vivo
  8. The Book of Souls: Live Chapter
  9. Live at Donington
  10. Nights of the Dead
  11. A Real Live One
  12. A Real Dead One
  13. Raising Hell

Last edited:
  1. Rock in Rio
  2. Flight 666
  3. Death on the Road
  4. En Vivo
  5. Beast Over Hammersmith
  6. Maiden England
  7. Live After Death
  8. The Book of Souls: Live Chapter
  9. Live at Donington
  10. A Real Live One
  11. A Real Dead One
  12. Nights of the Dead
  13. Raising Hell

Maiden England
Rock In Rio/Maiden Japan
Eddie's Archive
Flight 666
Live After Death/Live In Dortmund '83
The Book Of Souls_ Live Chapter
Death On The Road
Beat Club '81
Live At The Rainbow/Live At The Ruskin Arms
En Vivo!
Raising Hell
A Real Live One
A Real Dead One
Live At Donington - 22nd August 1992
Nights Of The Dead-Legacy Of The Beast-Live In Mexico City

Last edited:
1. Beast Over Hammersmith
2. Flight 666
3. Live after Death
4. Rock in Rio
5. Maiden Japan
6. Book of Souls: Live Chapter
7. Maiden England
8. En Vivo
9. Live at Donington
10. Death on the Road
11. Nights of the Death
12. Raising Hell

1.Rock In Rio - best concert, sound, performances (especially from Bruce) and setlist! Only ''Out Of The Silent Planet'' is the missing piece for me.
2.Live After Death - epochal setlist, vintage sound and great performances. Bruce's vocals are on point. Classic.
3.Best Over Hammersmith - great production, performances and Bruce is a ''beast'' here.
4.Death On The Road - the sound is great, the setlist too and Bruce is on form. Adrian and Nicko shine here.
5.En Vivo! - great production, great filming and strong performances. The setlist could have contained more new songs though.
6.Flight 666 - see above. Maiden's 80's gems in action! The setlist could have been more ''brave''.
7.Maiden England - super cool setlist, very good sound, great performances. Bruce is not at his best, but he's still pretty good.
8.The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter - very good setlist (even without Shadows and Empire) and performances. The sound is pretty good (the solos are crystal clear), I don't know why some fans don't like it. The filming is not my cup of tea.
9.Nights Of The Dead - great setlist and the production is not that bad (drums and solos are good), but they should have used a concert from 2018 (because of the better performances). The crowd noise is awful.
10.Live At Donington - better performances than the album on last place. The sound could have been better ofc, but it's enjoyable and energetic.
11.A Real Live Dead One - the sound is authentic for the era, but some of the performances could have been better. There are some great ones like ''Fear Of The Dark'', ''The Evil That Men Do'', ''Sanctuary'', ''Prowler''.

The first 6 live albums in my ranking are all fantastic imo.

Edit: Raising Hell would be at #9 - great setlist (although I miss ''Wasting Love'' in it), nice stage set and a very good performance from the band (better than the other releases in 1993 imo). The sound is good too.

Last edited:
The original Maiden England is the best one but it was just a VHS not an album. I like Beast Over Hammersmith too besides the awful compression. I listen to the TV version of Rock In Rio and I like it.
There was a cd that came packaged up with the initial release of the video, I’ve got the double pack.

Attachments

• 6A7472BE-86AF-44E8-9427-B87E9397305E.jpeg
    6A7472BE-86AF-44E8-9427-B87E9397305E.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 2
Back