Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jupz

Ancient Mariner
This song is just incredible. Its my 4th favourite all-time and my favourite by Judas Priest. At one point it was my favourite of all-time. I just love the slow buildup, when the guitar comes in and Rob starts singing it is just incredible. The drums sound terrible, but they beat out a good tune. The chorus is an ultimate one of rebellion, and it always gets me to sing along :D After the second chorus, we have my favourite part, which builds up to "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE" by Rob. After that comes a short but sweet solo and then the chorus repeats before the song fades out whilst Rob is repeating random lines from the song :p

Easy 10 from me.

Definitely the highlight of Ram It Down. Not my favorite Priest song. But I'm sure it's in my top 20. The problem with it (and I think it's the drums) is that it sounds too electronic. JP sounded a lot like that in that period and this song suffers from that. Nevertheless, it is a great song and of course Rob Halford really belts it out on this one. 9/10

Pretty good tune, kind of catchy. I like the title track from Ram It Down much better (best straight ahead rocker Priest did, IMO), but I think this track is more than solid. Haven't heard it in ages, though, must go listen to it now.

Wondered how longitwould take to get to a Priest track.
This is a good one. Best on the album, but not one of my all time favorites.
I'll echo what came above:tremendous vocal, great emotion, nice composition with a real epic feel.
The production (drum sound) is a little off and the arrangement a little stretched.
But that's picking nits, because overall it's a solid nine.

Fantastic haunting track with a SF/Blade Runner kind of vibe. The industrial beat is enriched with interesting lyrics, catchy chord schemes and particularly strong vocals. Love the fade out as well.

Of course, a fantastic song. Of course, 10/10. (But I would still love a re-recording, featuring Halford's original vocals with newly recorded music)

9. I just started being a little tighter on ratings, old me would give it a 10.

Fantastic vocals, catchy and good riffs and fantastic atmosphere.

Night Prowler said:
Of course, a fantastic song. Of course, 10/10. (But I would still love a re-recording, featuring Halford's original vocals with newly recorded music)
I just want Scott Travis on drums for the song :D

Good song, apart from the awfully cheesy 80's production. The sole highlight from an otherwise unspeakably dull album.

8/10

Amazing song. The drums are horrendously boring though. Even worse than Virtual XI.

9/10

Very good / great songs:
Ram it Down
Heavy Metal
Hard as Iron
Blood Red Skies
I'm a Rocker
Monsters of Rock

The subjects of Heavy Metal and I'm a Rocker may be cheesy but those solos are spellbinding. Very rewarding instrumental parts, and the rest of these songs are catchy enough to be liked.

Not bad / OK:
Johnny B. Goode

Pulp:
Love Zone
Come and Get It
Love You to Death

That post made RID look like so much of a better album. I'll have to listen again.

Natalie said:
I give it a 9.5. This and Ram It Down are some of my favorite Priest songs.

Nice, RID is one of my favs too - I always knew Priest but it was Ram It Down that really broke through my consciousness when I was starting to become a full-fledged metalhead. Used to listen to it before games (volleyball player, so it made sense) to psyche myself up.

One of their best epics.

Very good intro, verses, great chorus, riffs and the melody before the solo is one of the best from the band. Rob's high pitched vocals are perfect during the chorus. The end of the song is quite good, as well... -> 10/10.

Back