Post-Maiden Steve & Blaze band and setlist

TheTalisman

Ancient Mariner
Inspired by @Jer 's recent thread - and by something mentioned briefly by Steve back in 2017:
Would you ever consider taking some tracks that Maiden would never do, such as ‘Burning Ambition’ for example, and dropping them into the British Lion set?
No, I mean, I think it would be all too easy to do that, and maybe even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again. People ask me that question, and yeah, on one hand, but I think, if I did that, I’d have to do a third project. I wouldn’t want to do it with this, because this is a totally different thing, and it’s more rock and roll than metal anyway, and I think those songs, if I did it, maybe I’d get Blaze or someone to do it with; I don’t know, it’s not something I particularly have the time to do, or have the inclination right now anyway! But if you’re thinking about it, I think that would be the way to go, rather than doing it with this, because this is a totally separate entity; I don’t think it really would be right to do it with this anyway.

And now to the point, consider that Steve actually decides to put a together a new touring project, with Blaze as the singer, playing mainly Blaze era material + some early days tracks, and perhaps the odd song originally recorded by Bruce as well.
Which tracks do they play?

My picks:

Futureal
The Angel and the Gambler
Lord of the Flies
Fortunes of War
The Aftermath
Transylvania
Burning Ambition
My Generation
The Educated Fool
Doctor Doctor
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Encore:
Phantom of the Opera
Running Free
Sanctuary

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
The Ides Of March
Wrathchild
Burning Ambition
Transylvania
Doctor Doctor
My Generation
Genghis Khan
Sanctuary
Charlotte The Harlot
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Judgement Day
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Empire Of The Clouds (extended version)

The Ides Of March
Wrathchild
Burning Ambition
Transylvania
Doctor Doctor
My Generation
Genghis Khan
Sanctuary
Charlotte The Harlot
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Judgement Day
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Empire Of The Clouds (extended version)
Every instrumental possible — I see what you did there!

1. Ides of March/Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Prowler
3. Lord of the Flies
4. Remember Tomorrow
5. Fortunes of War
6. [Single from a Future Project]
7. The Clansman
8. Wasting Love
9. Hallowed Be Thy Name
10. Sign of the Cross
11. Fear of the Dark
12. The Angel and the Gambler
13. Futureal
==================
14. Man on the Edge
15. Drifter

The whole X Factor album!
The Clansman
Lightning Strikes Twice
Futureal
Don´t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
Virus
Fear Of The Dark
Afraid To Shoot Strangers

And...

Dream Of Mirrors
No More Lies

Being as the Blaze years was my favorite Maiden era, I would SO love to see something like this happen! And who knows? I don't think it will happen as long as Maiden is still active, but once they hang it up, and can well see Steve going on for a few years more, he probably won't stop playing until he is physically unable to. And Blaze is quite a few years younger and doesn't show any signs of slowing down, so again, who knows?

As for a setlist, they can play anything from the TXF/VXI-albums, or all of it, and I would be happy! Throw Virus and Justice Of The Peace into the mix and I'd be in Nirvana!

Back