Pimp Your Eddie's Head Boxset

Maidenfreak

Ancient Mariner
Hi there!

A few words about this little "project": I was talking to Perun the other day, showing him pics of my renovated room. He liked it, but couldn't help to mention how ugly the Eddie's Head boxset was.
edhead1.jpg
(I had to nick that pic from Maidenaustria, as I couldn't find of mine in this state, hope you don't mind mate!)

Now that I've been renovating the room to look good, I thought I might also "pimp" my boxset a bit so it fits into the new environment.
So I decided to paint it, and get rid of those stupid blinking lights (some of the hardcore collectors will shake their heads now, I know, but hey, I'm gonna keep that stupid head for all my life, so if I can make it look better, why shouldn't I?)
here it is now:
edheadpainted.jpg

I like it alot more now, and thought you guys and girls might want to see!
Tell me what you think [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

*gasp* He's defaced a collectable! JUDAS!!

But seriously, if you didn't mind changing your eddies head then well done, because I think it looks fantastic!!! Well done mate [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Only thing i'm not sure about is the eyes...

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":eek:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"ohmy.gif\" /] You took it out of the original packaging! Now it's not a collectible anymore!

Seriously, mate, this is great work. It has ceased to look like an ugly plastic box and now is a real Eddie head! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

@ Perun [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

I am the collector!!!

When Freaky first told he'd done something with Eddie's head... I thought he'd taken the maiden obsession TOO far! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=131622:date=Mar 12 2006, 01:33 AM:name=The_7th_Son)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Mar 12 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]131622[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
@ Perun [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

I am the collector!!!
[/quote]

The most interesting element here is that we made virtually the same post at the same time, if you look at it...

[!--quoteo(post=131617:date=Mar 12 2006, 12:26 AM:name=Maidenfreak)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Mar 12 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]131617[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I like it alot more now, and thought you guys and girls might want to see!
Tell me what you think [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]
I actually think that girls will not be too impressed if they come into your room and see the 'ead, along with the rest of your collection [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Nice job Freaky. You have pimped the bass and 'ead, where to go from here? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

lol great improvements makes it 1 of a kind now [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

WOW, that looks so much better!!!! The should have done all of them like yours!!! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Great job mate. It looks great! The original head was done in rush and looked ugly. Some time ago I told to a firend of mine to do waht you did.

Re: Pimp Your Eddie's Head Boxset

it looks amazing but personally i would never change any original stuff

It's a very good job Maidenfreak. Tell me, have you ever planned to redraw the Dance of Death artwork?  ;)

JackKnife said:
It's a very good job Maidenfreak. Tell me, have you ever planned to redraw the Dance of Death artwork?  ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of adding a crappy cgi-animated Eddie so it would look more homogeneous :dork:

Back