Pen Pals!??

It's just a idea, but, it would be really cool if there was some kind of pen pal thing on here. What do you guys think? Not a lot of people today like older music, but, people on here at least like 2-3 (or more) older bands. So, that gives you something to talk about!

These are the best IMO:

vZLV21G.jpg

Isn't talking to each other the very purpose of the forum? We also hold chats from time to time.

You mean like close the forum, go offline, and communicate via snail mail? Ahahahah! I mean, sure, why not.

Please send all your mail to me first, I have to read it before it goes to the other members.

It's just a idea, but, it would be really cool if there was some kind of pen pal thing on here. What do you guys think? Not a lot of people today like older music, but, people on here at least like 2-3 (or more) older bands. So, that gives you something to talk about!
You can always start a thread on older bands and afterwards, if you wish, start a conversation with those who responded. Not too different from a pen pals site I suppose.

I tried this here years ago with little success. I want to restart it, but I seriously don't know where to buy stamps here in Mexico... it's like they don't exist anymore, or at least readily available. That and the mail takes forever. When I was still in AZ I wrote my dad in Mexico City and my friend in Belgium. My friend in Belgium got her letter within the week, my dad got his 2 months later.

So, as impersonal as it is, if anybody is interested I wouldn't mind being e-mail "penpals." Another benefit is that due to my horrible handwriting I type my letters anyway.

Unless the rest of us shut up, and so long as you increase the posting rate no one will have a problem with it amirite....

I know, I know, no resurrecting old threads. Well... bite me.

Finally got around to this. Whoever is still interested PM me, besides the obvious info of name and address what you would like to chat about, specific topic or just whatever. So yeah, if you want letters from an old nut in Jalisco, Mexico hit me up! @CriedWhenBrucieLeft was hounding me for a while, is he still around? lol

Oh for sure. Sad to say most of mine have been from familiar backgrounds. One was from my same town. We were friends in high school, but never hung out. After that we bumped into each other TWICE by accident. Once at the university and then like 12 years later or so at a bookstore. We never met for coffee, never went out to lunch, but we wrote each other constantly, several times a week. Then, one day after a little over a decade of correspondance we stopped.

The other was an ex of mine who joined the Navy. Reading about her adventures overseas was pretty cool and her being a fairly radical SJW made for some intersting conversations. Due to her moving so much we also stopped writing after a few years, but we stay in touch on facebook.

People seem to have time to post on social media and write e-mails, but I get the same, "I don't have time," when it comes to letters. Sad.

Back