1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pen Pals!??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caught_Somewhere_ In_Time, Oct 10, 2017.

1. It's just a idea, but, it would be really cool if there was some kind of pen pal thing on here. What do you guys think? Not a lot of people today like older music, but, people on here at least like 2-3 (or more) older bands. So, that gives you something to talk about!

2. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

These are the best IMO:

[​IMG]

3. Saapanael

Saapanael "My hair sets the trend of tmrw by doing it today"

Diesel 11 and Night Prowler like this.
  4. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Unless I'm missing something really obvious, I think CSIT was being serious.

Forostar likes this.
  5. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Isn't talking to each other the very purpose of the forum? We also hold chats from time to time.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Shit, I was looking forward to seeing some dicks. Fuckin' pencils.

frus likes this.
  7. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

You mean like close the forum, go offline, and communicate via snail mail? Ahahahah! I mean, sure, why not.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  8. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

The moderation team becomes postal police?

9. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Please send all your mail to me first, I have to read it before it goes to the other members.

10. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

The 100k thread is going to take some time..

11. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

You can always start a thread on older bands and afterwards, if you wish, start a conversation with those who responded. Not too different from a pen pals site I suppose.

12. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

I tried this here years ago with little success. I want to restart it, but I seriously don't know where to buy stamps here in Mexico... it's like they don't exist anymore, or at least readily available. That and the mail takes forever. When I was still in AZ I wrote my dad in Mexico City and my friend in Belgium. My friend in Belgium got her letter within the week, my dad got his 2 months later.

So, as impersonal as it is, if anybody is interested I wouldn't mind being e-mail "penpals." Another benefit is that due to my horrible handwriting I type my letters anyway.

Brigantium likes this.
  13. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

I'll be your penpal, Onhell. My handwriting isn't too smart either so they'll be typed on one of my typewriters. Please supply your address.

Onhell likes this.
  14. Onhell

Sweet, let me narrow down where I can get stamps and then I'll PM you. Otherwise it's email.

15. Diesel 11

Or you could just use the 100,000 replies thread, but whatevs.

16. Onhell

not exactly one-on-one communication...

17. Diesel 11

Unless the rest of us shut up, and so long as you increase the posting rate no one will have a problem with it amirite....

Onhell likes this.