Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Can't decide, they're both excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I honestly don't care

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I'm guessing just about everyone will agree that Bruce is the top of the three Maiden vocalists, but of the other two, which one do you like over the other and why?  In my own opinion, I have to go with Blaze, because...

Of Paul's two albums, I love Iron Maiden.  I can listen to the whole thing without hitting the skip button once, even though I'm not a very big fan of instrumentals, I still think Transylvania is good.  But on the other hand, the only songs I like from Killers are the title track, Wrathchild, and Murders in the Rue Morgue.  The others I feel are a little weak in comparison, and Another Life is far too repetitive (Just the same 8 lines three times in a row).  It also has two instrumentals, neither of which are as good as Transylvania.

Blaze's two albums, on the other hand, I love.  X-Factor is another CD that I can listen to all the way through, and Virtual XI I can listen to practically every song except Angel and the Gambler, especially Clansman, Don't Look to the Eyes..., and When Two Worlds Collide.

And as far as voices go, I rather enjoy Blaze's deep brooding vocals, and frankly, after hearing NPFTD and FOTD, where Bruce's voice seemed to take a dive, it was a welcome change for a while.

So yeah, my vote goes for Blaze.

By the way, if this has come up before, my bad.  I looked for it, but...

Blaze will get most of the votes here I'm guessing.  He got a lot of stick for his time in Maiden but I think he was made a scapegoat by the fans and by Iron Maiden themselves.

I prefer Blaze to Bruce and Paul but all three were/are great vocalists, inside or outside of Maiden.

The poll was modified to accommodate those who can't choose... and those who can't be bothered!

What about those who can't decide because they think they are both terrible?

Well, this will certainly not come as a surprise to anyone, but my vote goes for Blaze.

That doesn't mean I don't like Paul. His voice is brilliant, and perfectly suited for the first two albums, which, in turn, are excellent as well. I really like his soft vocals on Strange World or Remember Tomorrow, as well as the agressive ones on tracks like Prowler or Murders In The Rue Morgue. There really isn't a track he sounds bad on. To me personally, his vocal highlight would probably be Killers.

But, and here's the but...

I like Blaze's voice better. That's a matter of taste, and I can't really point my finger at a reason. Blaze really gets the same merits as Paul- his voice is perfectly suited for the songs he sings on, and there isn't one bad vocal performance.
It's really hard to say what Blaze's singing has what Paul's lack. It's certainly not passion or anything like that. I suppose it's really just the voice.  :mellow:

Well, I have to go with Blaze, even though I like both of Paul's albums all the way through and I don't hold the same opinion for either the X Factor or Virtual XI. However you said what SINGER do we like more and not What SONGS that they sing, so... as far as vocal ability goes, I think Blaze is the better singer regardless of song quality.

Onhell said:
Well, I have to go with Blaze, even though I like both of Paul's albums all the way through and I don't hold the same opinion for either the X Factor or Virtual XI. However you said what SINGER do we like more and not What SONGS that they sing, so... as far as vocal ability goes, I think Blaze is the better singer regardless of song quality.
I'm 100% with you on that. Blaze is the better singer, but Dianno had the better material. However, the best album Maiden did without Bruce is "The X Factor", without a shodow of a doubt.

As a showman, from my experience, Blaze shades it for his control he could have over an audience. But my experience of either of them live is:

DiAnno: with Maiden 1980
Blaze: with Wolfsbane on many occasion, all in small clubs (like The Marquee London, etc).

Well, I'll vote on this and vote based on:

Best vocals: Blaze
Best onstage: Blaze
Best material: DiAnno
Bast overall album: Blaze

Blaze wins (not that the bottom two should be counted for the purposes of this vote).

I love both artists solo and with Maiden. I've picked up both of their solo albums aswell. Paul has the most diverse of all the Maiden vocalists. Bruce is the pinnacle of Maiden at their best, releasing the best singles and albums throughout their career. Blaze will forever be known as the worst singer of the bunch, which is entirely not true as far as I am concerned. He's my favorite of the coices. He had great potential but it was never shown, as no one gave him a chance. I own a wolfsbane album and they are phenomenal. Blaze's voice is indeed very different from the other 2, being much lower and deeper. I believe all three singers during Iron Maiden's career are great in their own personal way, they define an era.

Some of you have ever tried to imagine Paul singing Bruce's songs like the trooper, fear of the Dark,etc..? I mean some of maiden fans said that Blaze was not able to sing Bruce's songs on stage..but imagine Paul!! It would be worst!! So for this I think Blaze is a better singer than Paul. + X-Factor is my favorite album, + Blaze's version of Afraid to shoot strangers is better than Bruce's version,+ Blaze don't say shits about Maiden (unlike Paul..)+ Blaze is a showman..there's so many reason I vote BLAZE!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Back