Opening bands on Maiden tours

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Can we list all the bands that are opening for Maiden through the years and vice versa... :)

Now with a EXCLUSIVE official tour poster for every tour ! :lol:

Last edited:
During the first tour (IM tour 1980) Maiden opened for:

- Kiss
- Judas Priest
- UFO

and bands that opened for Maiden during this tour were: Urchin, Angel Witch, Raven, Praying Mantis and Tygers Of Pan Tang

europe-80.jpg

Last edited:
During the first tour (IM tour 1980) Maiden opened for:
I think it's fair to say the first album tour - Iron Maiden had been on a couple organized tours by that point in time (the Metal For Muthas tour, for example, and the 1979 cross-UK tour).

I think it's fair to say the first album tour - Iron Maiden had been on a couple organized tours by that point in time (the Metal For Muthas tour, for example, and the 1979 cross-UK tour).

I wrote it that way, because it is the name of the tour in support of their first album - Iron Maiden Tour 1980 !

And that is where I think for the first time, they had an opening band.

Maiden opened for Judas Priest three years in a row, how rad is that?:
1980: British Steel Tour(UK dates)
1981: Point of Entry Tour(Some US dates)
1982: Screaming for Vengeance Tour(Some US dates)

Killer World Tour 1981:

Maiden opened for: Judas Priest, UFO, Foreigner, Kansas, Blue Öyster Cult | and co-headlined with: Whitesnake, Accept and Trust

killer-wt81-2.jpg

Last edited:
Fuckin' hell, Priest and Maiden on one tour? That's my dream gig, they must've been some killer shows.

The Beast On The Road Tour 1982:

Maiden opened for: Rainbow, Scorpions, Judas Priest, UFO, 38 Special and Foreigner

-> bands that opened for Maiden: Girlschool, Trust..... (I only listed bands that are more familiar, so you guys can add more bands, if I have missed some :) )

*On this tour it was decided that Maiden would not be an opening act again !

t_beast-on-the-road.jpg 98(4).jpg

Last edited:
World Piece Tour 1983:

-> bands that opened for Maiden: Saxon, MSG, Quiet Riot, Fastway, Coney Hatch, Grand Prix and Rock Goddess

99(2).jpg

Last edited:
How I wish Saxon and Priest would be the opening acts on a current maiden tour dubbed ‘best of british’.

That would be killer. Maiden have had some right dog shit opening acts over the years. Apart from a couple of times I’ve seen dream theater opening the last time I saw decent opening bands was on the brave new world metall2000 tour which had slayer and entombed.

Think I’ll use the time that killswitch are on stage for the legacy of the beast tour to get a couple of extra pints in lol.

World Slavery Tour 1984/1985:

-> bands that opened for Maiden: Accept, Twisted Sister, Mötley Crüe, Queensrÿche, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Warrior and Waysted | and co-headlined with Queen and Whitesnake on Rock In Rio 1985

IRON_MAIDEN_WORLD+SLAVERY+TOUR+84-85-8331.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhere On Tour 1986/1987:

-> bands that opened for Maiden: W.A.S.P., Yngwie Malmsteen, Waysted, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Y&T and Tesla

45ff1aea1ed089905fb208226c428b4a.jpg

Last edited:
Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour 1988:

-> bands that opened for Maiden:

- Kiss
- Metallica
- Helloween
- W.A.S.P.
- Megadeth
- Anthrax
- Guns N' Roses
- David Lee Roth