One Album, One Film, One Book for All

The Flash

Dennis Wilcock did 9/11
Every single (able) person on the planet is going to listen to an album, watch a film and read a book of your choice. Which ones would you go with?

Inspired by me re-reading Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, which would be my pick for the book here.

I'm trying to think back to all the books I had to read growing up in school ... I'll go with Lord of the Flies.

Similarly, my movie will be 12 Angry Men (1957).

Album = Pearl Jam - Ten :cool:

Good thread!

Book: Dostoyevsky - Brothers Karamazov

Film: Calvary (2014)

Album: Genesis - Selling England by the Pound (1973)

For the book, it's a tough call. I lean towards To Kill a Mockingbird but I wonder if that's the right novel for the world at large. Perhaps Heart of Darkness.

For the movie, again, a tough call, but probably Schindler's List.

And for the album - Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell

WTF

Movie: Die Hard

Book: :confused:

Album: :eek:

EDIT: Oh, okay, I get this now. Alright:

Movie: Die Hard (fucking amazing action)

Book: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (psychological mystery and her most re-readable book, utterly fantastic)

Album: Tough, I wanna say Death's The Sound of Perseverance because it's probably my favorite album, but I think there should be more Maiden fans in this world and Death isn't as easily appreciated. Hence, Powerslave.

Not sure what you initially thought this was.
I kinda skimmed it and thought it was a "if you could only watch / read / hear one (insert) for the rest of your life..."

A Diesel fail, I regret to inform you.

JudasMyGuide took Selling England so I Go with

Yes - Close to the Edge (1972)

Kubrick - Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Waltari - The Egyptian (1945)

Book: Are we allowed to choose compilations? If so, any collection by H.P. Lovecraft that includes all of his short stories (poems and co-written works omitted). If not, I'd go with Paradise Lost (1667).

Movie: The Conjuring (2013)

Album: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Album: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Film: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (the Extended Edition, of course)
Book: Neil Gaiman's Coraline (I love it, sue me!)

Back