OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

hockeyguy666 said:
                         
id love to see different world instead
anyway im off to the denver show ill post somethin about it when i come back  :rocker:
Sweet. And if anyone knows of a source with the setlist coming in live, please share. :)
 

vomit

Invader
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Sweet. And if anyone knows of a source with the setlist coming in live, please share. :)

Indeed.  I am putting the setlist on my iPod and I would like the latest & greatest, so I can prepare for the mayhem in Chicago.....up the Irons! :yey:
 
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Sweet. And if anyone knows of a source with the setlist coming in live, please share. :)

I would also be very interested in getting tonight's setlist...
 

Jeffmetal

Ancient Mariner
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

A guy on twitter said the show in Denver had 2 encores. Nothing official. Guess we'll have to hockeyguy666 come back with the real deal about it.
 

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Jeffmetal said:
A guy on twitter said the show in Denver had 2 encores. Nothing official. Guess we'll have to hockeyguy666 come back with the real deal about it.
I find that hard to believe. Like you said, HG666 will have all the details for sure though.
Oh, Jeff, do you have the link to the twitter account?
 

ThorSkaagi

Prowler
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

I was there, and I confirm there was one encore.  Nothin special.  I would go into detail, but I'm on my phone, and can't do spoiler tags.
 

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

ThorSkaagi said:
I was there, and I confirm there was one encore.  Nothin special.  I would go into detail, but I'm on my phone, and can't do spoiler tags.
Can you at least say if the setlist was the same as any of the 3 posted so far? Just listing a city isn't giving anything away.
 

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

The setlist was the same, and indeed it was...

Dance Of Death, not Paschendale.

And yes, just one encore.
 

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

SinisterMinisterX said:
The setlist was the same, and indeed it was...

Dance Of Death, not Paschendale.

And yes, just one encore.
So, it was exactly the same as this?:
01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free
 

Mosh

Winner of the 2020 Dumbest Comment Ever Award
Staff member
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Jeffmetal said:
A guy on twitter said the show in Denver had 2 encores. Nothing official. Guess we'll have to hockeyguy666 come back with the real deal about it.
                     
no just one it was wierd though because they almost instantly went back on however im dissapointed they didnt do Paschendale. For awhile it looked like there would be 2 encores thats about it
 

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

hockeyguy666 said:
                       
no just one it was wierd though because they almost instantly went back on however im dissapointed they didnt do Paschendale. For awhile it looked like there would be 2 encores thats about it
So, this is correct?:
01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free
 

ThorSkaagi

Prowler
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

The Denver show was awesome.  Better than when I saw them on the Somewhere Back in Time World Tour at Madison Square Garden, NYC.  They didn't do any opening tape or anything like the last shows.  They just played a tape of Doctor, Doctor then went straight into The Wicker Man.  It seemed to me that the volume kept fading in and out during Ghost of the Navigator.  It wasn't a problem though.  All the usual Bruce rants in between songs.  He even went on about England sucking in the World Cup.  Eddie coming out during Iron Maiden was definitely awesome.  It sure got the crowd going.  It was never louder than when The Number of the Beast started for the encore.  A LOT of bitching after the show about not playing enough old stuff... I know after Running Free, everyone was expecting Run to the Hills.  Which reminds me; I loved how they extended Running Free about 3 minutes to introduce the band.  The concert topped my first Maiden concert, my Megadeth concert, and even my Metallica concert.  A+ for sure.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
So, this is correct?:
01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free
Yes, that is it.  I am actually quite disappointed about getting Wrathchild over paschendale, but its no bi deal.  Both songs are awesome
 

Travis The Dragon

"I sell shower curtian rings. BEST in the world."
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

DUDE! You forgot spoiler tags! I guess you're a bit too exited! :lol:
 

ThorSkaagi

Prowler
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Wow, I'd get banned for that?
By the way, the highlights of the show were
Ghost of the Navigator and The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg.
 
It is strange how they swapped an 8-minute Paschendale with a 3-minute Wrathchild.  Maybe its so they would to done before the stupid 10:30 curfew.
 
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Of the shows so far...

I prefer the Dallas setlist.  On paper the setlist looks so much stronger when it includes Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and Paschendale.  When I weigh the Dallas setlist up against every other setlist Iron Maiden has ever performed I can honestly say that the only SINGLE show that I would rather have seen live was the Belgrade show in 86 in which they played 6 songs off Somewhere In Time, Walking on Glass guitar solo, Flight of Icarus and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.  The AMOLAD tour comes very close too.

Don't get me wrong, every show this tour is exciting - amazing even.  But to drop BTATS for Wrathchild is a bit weird.  Now there is an old song sandwiched between a set of modern day classics.

But what a setlist they are playing this tour!!

Wrathchild has never thrilled me...although I am pretty excited to be seeing Paul D'ianno playing it live as well as Iron Maiden's debut album in it's entirety this Sat.
 

ThorSkaagi

Prowler
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Of the shows so far...

I prefer the Dallas setlist.  On paper the setlist looks so much stronger when it includes Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and Paschendale.  When I weigh the Dallas setlist up against every other setlist Iron Maiden has ever performed I can honestly say that the only SINGLE show that I would rather have seen live was the Belgrade show in 86 in which they played 6 songs off Somewhere In Time, Walking on Glass guitar solo, Flight of Icarus and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.  The AMOLAD tour comes very close too.

Don't get me wrong, every show this tour is exciting - amazing even.  But to drop BTATS for Wrathchild is a bit weird.  Now there is an old song sandwiched between a set of modern day classics.

But what a setlist they are playing this tour!!

Wrathchild has never thrilled me...although I am pretty excited to be seeing Paul D'ianno playing it live as well as Iron Maiden's debut album in it's entirety this Sat.

Yeah, but it sure is fun chanting WRATHCHILD throughout the song.
By the way, looking at your avatar reminded me that I watched all 8 Salad Fingers episodes on YouTube last night.  SCREWED UP
 
Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

ThorSkaagi said:
By the way, looking at your avatar reminded me that I watched all 8 Salad Fingers episodes on YouTube last night.   SCREWED UP

Thanks man.  Yeah, he's a pretty messed up character as are his finger puppets.

Good point regarding
Wrathchild.
 
 
Top