Official Confirmed Now

Maidenaustria

Ancient Mariner
22/02/2006Iron Maiden announce new Scandanavian Tour Dates and new Studio Album

To herald the start off their 2006-7 World Tour, IRON MAIDEN announce their Scandinavian Tour dates for November. In an attempt to satisfy the insatiable demand, this will include multiple dates in Stockholm and Helsinki following the massive success of last Summer's concerts in Scandinavia where all 95,000 tickets sold out almost immediately and where they made history in Gothenburg by selling out all 55,000 tickets for Ullevi Stadium in just two and half hours! The concert was also transmitted all across Scandinavia on terrestrial television. This will be Maiden's 10th appearance at Gothenburg's Scandinavium - yet another record breaker which no other band, international or domestic, has surpassed in the venues history.

The dates are as follows -

November 2006
Thu 9 - Denmark, Aalborg Gigantium
Fri 10 - Denmark, Copenhagen Valby
Sun 12 - Finland, Tampere Icehall
Tue 14 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Wed 15 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Fri 17 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Sat 18 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Mon 20 - Sweden, Gothenburg Scandinavium
Tue 21 - Norway, Oslo Valhalla
Thu 23 - Norway, Bergen Vestlandshallen

Tickets for the Oslo and Bergen shows will go sale on Saturday February 25th
at 10.00am. Tickets for Sweden and Finland will go on sale for at 9.00am on Monday February 27th while the Danish dates will go on sale at 10.00am on Monday 27th February.

We’ll have links to buy tickets and the box office phone numbers in the Tour section shortly.

The Iron Maiden Fan Club have made special arrangements with EMA Telstar and their Associates to allow 120 of their fc members to gain special entry to each concert, which will allow them to get right at the front of the stage! Full details of this exciting offer will be available here on www.ironmaiden.com in March.

Due to Production considerations there will be no support act on the first two tour dates in Denmark but on all the other dates Maiden have confirmed up and coming US band TRIVIUM as their special guests.

Iron Maiden are currently writing material for their new, as yet untitled fourteenth studio album which will be released later in the year prior to the tour. The live show will of course include new album material, and will be in full Maiden tradition - spectacular stage production, sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, 'We had a fantastic time and a lot of fun last year playing songs from our early albums. However, Maiden is all about pushing ourselves creatively and keeping fresh, so we're all charged up to make a great studio album together with Kevin Shirley and take it out on the road at the end of the year.

These Scandinavian dates herald the start of Maiden's new album World Tour which will take them around parts of Europe through to Christmas - playing selected dates in other parts of the World in the new year.

Source: www.ironmaiden.com

Yeah, it is good that Maiden is visiting europe but will they ever visit CANADA again? I know Eddie ripped up Canada in 2005 last summer but they only visited Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver I do beleive. I am not asking much but they have to make a North American tour once more.

Worse than that, they only visited Montreal and Toronto which are practically next to each other. They really ought to have at least one gig on the westcoast at the largest venue they can find. Mind you they scheduled those concerts in between Ozzfest dates, so they didn't have that much liberty.

They didn't played in Montreal last summer, they played in Quebec City.

I wouldn't be too hoping, my Canadian friends. I don't want to sound harsh, but Maiden are dropping out many locations, simply because they can't endure such long tours anymore. In comparison to other countries (Australia, USA on the DoD tour), the Canadians are pretty damn lucky they're getting so many gigs in the first place. It may be a huge country geographically, but it is a tiny one population-wise. Also, you simply have to accept that Maiden is primarily a European band, and also that they must keep a huge fanbase in South America happy too. It's just not possible for them to play in Halifax, St. John's, Quebec City, Montréal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver in one tour anymore if they are also visiting the US, South America and Japan (not to mention Europe). The tours are huge and straining, and the bands are in their advanced forties.

I am dead certain they will play some gigs in North America, but don't expect too much more than on the DoD tour.

Back