Occasional Board Problem

A

Anonymous

Sometimes, when I look for new posts, I get the following error message:
  • IPB WARNING [2] load_template
    (CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 482 of /sources/functions.php)[/li]
It doesn't bother me much, as it sorts itself out after a few minutes (although it's still a bit annoying), but I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem -- as well as pointing it out to our God and Master of the Board! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I haven't seen that particular error, but I did get a different PHP error message a couple of times yesterday when I tried to hit the main forum listing page. It's the first time I've gotten an error since the forum upgrade. Since everything has worked well (for me) until yesterday, I'm tempted to think it's a problem with Surpass Hosting and not our forum...

Edit - clarification on the error I was getting...
Only the main forum listing was jacked, and that was only for a minute or so. When I clicked on a link to a specific forum, that worked fine.

Another edit - I just got the error again, and I see it IS the same error that Mav reported. (Why I thought it was different, I don't know.) Again, things returned to normal after a couple of minutes.

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Oct 12 2004, 08:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Oct 12 2004, 08:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I take it you are all using the default white background skin?
[snapback]88947[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I am. Until anything else is safely available! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 12 2004, 04:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 12 2004, 04:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sometimes, when I look for new posts, I get the following error message:
  • IPB WARNING [2] load_template
    (CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 482 of /sources/functions.php)

[/li]
It doesn't bother me much, as it sorts itself out after a few minutes (although it's still a bit annoying), but I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem -- as well as pointing it out to our God and Master of the Board!   [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]88934[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It also happened to me several times.
I thought that my computer was intelligent and try to say to me it's time to do something else. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yep ive suffered that too, several times in a day a few days ago. But so far for a few days it hasnt happened. I betit happens now after ive said that [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Oct 14 2004, 07:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Oct 14 2004, 07:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Just happened to me. Have rebuilt the cache so it shouldnt happen from now on. Let me know if anyone still gets it
[snapback]89114[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I got it about 2 minutes ago [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I for the first time had it last night, i refreshed a few times but it still came up, after about 10 minutes of trying, it worked. A bit of a pain really! Do you know how to sort this problem RW?

OK after extensive research I have determined it is a bug in the forum. Try searching for IPB WARNING [2] load_template in google to see all the people having the same error.
If I can find a fix I'll upload it

IPB WARNING [2] load_template(CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 482 of /sources/functions.php)

It just happened to me some 45 minutes ago (about the time it took me to get back to the forum... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 15 2004, 07:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 15 2004, 07:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]IPB WARNING [2] load_template(CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 482 of /sources/functions.php)

It just happened to me some 45 minutes ago (about the time it took me to get back to the forum...   [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]89185[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Actually, make this over an hour and a half, and several screw-ups... [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back