NOW SMOKING

Metal_made

Trooper
I started with Camel, then I moved to Marlboro and right now I'm smoking Lucky Strike (And these are my favorite), so post here your favorite cigarrettes [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm sure some of us do, but I'm not pinning a topic with no hope for intelligent discourse within it.

Marlboro Lights, B&H Gold or, currently, I roll my own using Golden Virginia with Swan mini filters [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Passive smoking: Dunhill for about 15 years, before it must have been Ernte 23 for the other six years of my life. Also frequently passive smoking: Gauloises, American Spirit. It's a good feeling to know you'll die of lung cancer without having ever lit a cigarette yourself.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Nov 29 2005, 02:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Nov 29 2005, 02:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Good for you.
[snapback]124289[/snapback]​
[/quote]
No!! They're not!

My mom smoked Belvedere, and then No 7, which is like a "no-name" brand. I can't remember what my dad smoked.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Nov 28 2005, 11:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Nov 28 2005, 11:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm sure some of us do, but I'm not pinning a topic with no hope for intelligent discourse within it.
[snapback]124291[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I know it's not intelligent, but what I meant to do, was hearing about different brands of cigarrettes around the world [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--], for example I've never heard of Belvedere or American Spirit because in Mexico we don't have those brands.

I dont smoke at all, I think its pretty stupid...and it killed alot of members of my family

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Nov 30 2005, 08:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Nov 30 2005, 08:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I dont smoke at all, I think its pretty stupid...and it killed alot of members of my family
[snapback]124381[/snapback]​
[/quote]

stupid, but highly addictive... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Dec 1 2005, 07:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Dec 1 2005, 07:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why would you start in the first place?
[snapback]124417[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Because it's cool, duh [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Only joking. I really hate smoking and think it's one of the most stupid things for a young person to don (along with listening to popular radio stations) [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Dec 1 2005, 05:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Dec 1 2005, 05:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Because it's cool, duh  [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Only joking.  I really hate smoking and think it's one of the most stupid things for a young person to don (along with listening to popular radio stations) [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]124418[/snapback]​
[/quote]
When I see an older person smoking I almost feel bad for them, they had no idea about the risks when they started. When they finaly found out about them it was too late and they were hooked. But when I see a young person starting, I have to wonder how stupid are they? The risks of smoking are far from unknown these days and people still start just to look cool. It doesn't even look cool, it's disgusting and makes you stink. When I see a smoker I don't envy their coolness, I hold my breath.

But when I started, I knew the risks well. And when you're addicted there's no turning back again. A lot of people I know who smoke (including myself) actually hate smoking. I want to give up but I have real problems doing so...

The reason I started is because I'm an open minded person. I'll try anything once just to see what it's like.

Smoking tobacco does sod all for you except kill you. It doesn't have any positive effects on the body at all. Just makes you die younger. But I know this, and I have to say as a smoker that if you don't smoke, don't start.

I saw a book today about defending smoking and smokers. On the back, there were four quotes printed, two commending and two condemning smoking. One of the former two was by Albert Einstein, one of the latter two was by Adolf Hitler.

If I ever meet that author, she will be damn the day she was born.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Dec 1 2005, 09:41 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Dec 1 2005, 09:41 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The reason I started is because I'm an open minded person.  I'll try anything once just to see what it's like.
[snapback]124437[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Curiousity killed the cat.

[!--QuoteBegin-Wicker Man+Dec 3 2005, 01:54 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Dec 3 2005, 01:54 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Curiousity killed the cat.
[snapback]124477[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Looking back at it, out of all the things I've done out of curiosity, smoking is the only one that I seriously regret doing.

I'll sometimes light up a big fat cigar when I'm enjoying a glass of my favourite scotch, but I only have one every two months or so

Back