NOW PLAYING

Bruins1

Ancient Mariner
Golden Earring - Keeper of the Flame (1989)

View attachment 18116
What don't you listen to?:) I've checked out many of the stuff that you have been listening to and you are all over the place. I mean in this in a good way, for it exposes me to stuff I haven't heard before. Same goes for others that post here. Part of the reason I keep coming back to this thread. Said a similar thing to Boroking a while back. Anyway, not that you care what I think but keep 'em coming:)

Last edited:

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
What don't you listen to?
I'm open minded but I hate rap, hip hop, … I try to share with all of you the albums I listen trough the day. I'm discovering new music and new artists. Sometimes the album is boring or I don't like it and others I find fantastic albums and artist with something special and I try to dig more in the discography. Glad you like the music I share. I also discovered many artists and bands from many of the mates here.

Bruins1

Ancient Mariner
I'm open minded but I hate rap, hip hop, … I try to share with all of you the albums I listen trough the day. I'm discovering new music and new artists. Sometimes the album is boring or I don't like it and others I find fantastic albums and artist with something special and I try to dig more in the discography. Glad you like the music I share. I also discovered many artists and bands from many of the mates here.
I don't mind some Rap/Hip Hop. Worked at a few places where that was all that played. Didn't mind Young Jeezy,DMX and a few others but for the most part, it's not "my thing". Same goes for Country. Doing construction work, I've heard a lot of that. Don't mind some, but I don't care for it. As far as discovering new music and artists, I'm the same way as you.

Last edited:

KidInTheDark666

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
STankian_Elasticity.jpg

DJMayes

Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden - Fates Warning

I've found myself enjoying this album a lot lately (specifically via the 2015 remasters on Youtube). Out of curiosity I gave my hard copies another listen and for whatever reason, they are worse - most noticeably in the bass. I've now ordered myself a copy of the 2015 remaster CD off Amazon to replace my hard copy and I'm looking forward to hearing the full album in a fresh light.

TheTalisman

Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden - Hooks In You
Noone can convince me this isn't a great song.
It's some good stuff, and it's great that Adrian's material was used even after he left the band, but imagine the track with a stronger production and a better vocal performance, most of the 90's material would have benefitted from that.

Red Dragon Cartel - Deceived

Last edited:

DJMayes

Ancient Mariner
It's some good stuff, and it's great that Adrian's material was used even after he left the band, but imagine the track with a stronger production and a better vocal performance, most of the 90's material would have benefitted from that.
That's true enough, but I think the song is enjoyable as it is.

terrell39

Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden - To Tame a Land

(Ironic that Dune author Frank Herbert hung up when Rod Smallwood told him he was calling on behalf of a "Rock" band and yet, 1 year later, the film adaptation of Dune released with a soundtrack by Toto.)