Non Album Maiden Songs - The Complete List

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
Click here to skip to the list!

Hey y'all! As you may or may not have known, I really like the songs Maiden released but never made it to an actual album, and thus I decided to take the initiative to see what you guys think of them. I used LC's idea of a Google Forms poll to do this, so click the link to vote on each of the non album tracks on a scale of 1 - 10.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWkcglXG-1a5Ymc9Xhpv7REtwziSY8YxgZXJ9yXqtglu_ZUQ/viewform

I've left off the tracks that eventually were released on albums, but I have included Mission From 'Arry just to see where it lands (if it doesn't win this whole thing...)

This will be open for about a month or so to give everyone a chance to vote, after which I shall compile it all to create a definite list. Yeah, I'm a hack, sue me.

Thanks!

(If there are any songs missing, something's wrong with the poll, or the link doesn't work, lemme know.)

Last edited:
I'm basically doing the same thing LC did with compiling the best Eddie list, and I actually shot him an email to make sure this wasn't already in the works, so yeah.

If any mods do have objections to this, I can take it down, but I'll leave it up for now.

I am not aware of the best Eddie list.

Just wanted to point out that people do polls on the forum (I do now know if you know that) and I also think you will have more response if you organize it on the forum.

Good luck!

Ahh, hmm I might have missed that. I thought you meant LC's work (and spreadsheet) on the Maiden album song ratings. I saw a bigger relation between that and your poll.

Last edited:
Nah, it was the Eddie poll plus my love of the B-sides and stuff that spurred this idea of mine.

I can't access it (I need to ask for an authorization) for the moment but I'm curious: have you thought about including "I Live My Way"? ;)

If you're wondering, this is how I'm voting:

Invasion - 4
Burning Ambition - 9
Women In Uniform - 8
I've Got The Fire - 7
Cross-Eyed Mary - 5
Rainbow's Gold - 6
Mission From 'Arry - 10
King of Twilight - 5
Reach Out - 10
Sheriff of Huddersfield - 9
That Girl - 10
Juanita - 10
Black Bart Blues - 9
Massacre - 9
All In Your Mind - 8
Kill Me Ce Soir - 9
I'm A Mover - 5
Communication Breakdown - 5
Nodding Donkey Blues - 6
Space Station #5 - 6
Bayswater Ain't a Bad Place to Be - 8
I Can't See My Feelings - 5
Roll Over Vic Vella - 7
Judgement Day - 10
Justice of the Peace - 10
I Live My Way - 9
My Generation - 6
Doctor Doctor - 9
Virus - 10
Pass The Jam - 5
More Tea Vicar - 2
Hocus Pocus - 7

I would have included "Sanctuary", "Twilight Zone" and "Total Eclipse"
I would have loved to see where they placed as well, but that being said, this was basically intended to incorporate those songs that are skipped over in the official rankings, and since they're already there, I decided to leave them out.

"Space Truckin'"
I was debating about this one; if there's enough demand for it I can edit the poll and edit it in.

Shall I also include Walking On Glass and Rhythm of the Beast?
Since you are asking, I would say that
- they are more "songs" than "Mission from 'Arry" is.
- BUT "Walking On Glass" doesn't appear on any official medium (while ROTB does). Including it would open the door to the covers of "Tush" (with the band Trust in 1982) and "Smoke On The Water" (at the Polish wedding).

Since you are asking, I would say that
- they are more "songs" than "Mission from 'Arry" is.
- BUT "Walking On Glass" doesn't appear on any official medium (while ROTB does). Including it would open the door to the covers of "Tush" (with the band Trust in 1982) and "Smoke On The Water" (at the Polish wedding).
True. I'll just add Space Truckin' for now and see how it goes.

EDIT: Alright, it's in now. I've gotten 11 votes so far by the way - thanks to all!

19 responses thus far, and the voting is all over the place, wow. Can't wait to see where else this will go. :rolleyes: :D

I would definitely add in sanctuary, twilight zone and total eclipse. The opening post stated songs that never made it in an actual album. Well these didn’t unless you count the 1998 remasters and the I guess the US versions of the first two albums as they included sanctuary and twilight zone. I always see these three tracks as non album tracks myself as they were never on the original U.K. albums.

Back