Next Survivor

What survivors will you participate in?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
So I would like to start a second survivor at some point but I've got nothing planned in the que or schedule. There are a few that have been discussed, so I made a poll to see where the most interest is. Vote for everything you'd play in please.

As for when the survivor starts depends on what works for everyone else and the discography size. But I'd like to begin preparing now.

Would try to vote in all of them. If you chose Devin it'd be best if it came after Stevie.

Queen would be very interesting, if only to finally try and have a good focused effort to hear all their albums.

Cried, I still think you (with my assistance if you like) could make a selection of tracks. For a best of Buckethead songs survivor.

Do so. I'm sure it will be an appealing game. I'd certainly give my input on which songs I like a lot.

I think I have about 3000 Buckethead tracks on my hard-drive, with very little in terms of duplicates there (it's not Maiden with their 10 live versions of 2 Minutes); so the cull would be epic indeed. We're talking about a survivor with under 5% of his discography. It could totally be done, even just to give people an idea of what Buckethead's all about. But I have no plans for this any time soon.

That's called preparation. That can be a long process. To start with that is something else than starting with hosting/playing) the game itself.

I would be really interested in a Buckethead primer thread. Instead of going through each album, maybe introduce different phases and styles of his career, with recommended albums/tracks from each period. That's how I got into Zappa initially and it made his discography much more easy to digest.

Hmm, it's certainly a challenge; digesting his discography that is. If there's a genuine appetite for it then I'd certainly be interested in hosting something.

Rush and Queen has both been done before right? Devin Townsend..Hm-yeahh..I love Strapping Young Lad but don't care enough about the man to explore everything he's done. Maybe a new band that hasn't been done before?

I'd participate in both Rush and Queen, but not consistently. Both bands have material I'm not familiar with.

What about Dave Murray vs Janick Gers, put the issue to bed once and for all!
Or I could just look at the song survivor results I suppose.

Back