New album cover art just posted!

The concept might not be that different from the cover concept of Two minutes to midnigth and it's fine for me. But I think the quality of the artwork just doesn't meet Riggs' standards in the mid 80s.

I think it looks really well, much better than the last few album covers. Its darker than possibly any other Maiden cover that I can think of, except possibly The X-Factor. Not the best artwork, but interesting.

I agree with Hunlord. Definitely a strong statement. So much that it shocked me when I enlarged the image - hence my previous post.

The details of the single are out as well. What about the specifically recorded B-Sides?

Perun said:
The details of the single are out as well. What about the specifically recorded B-Sides?
Hum I'm wondering too. Perhaps they plan to release at least 3 singles. The first on with these (good old) classics re-recorded :( and 2 others with the 4 covers they are supposed to have recorded during the last sessions...
I don't understand the point to release the trooper for the 100th time... :huh:

I don't know yet but it's possible I don't buy the new Maiden single (I'm fed up with those sort of bsides). It would be the first time since I discovered the band back in 1981. Strange feeling...  :-[

Hmmm...I quite like the cover.  It's not SiT or Seveth Son, but it's a damn sight better than DoD.  Very like the '2 minutes...' artwork, as had been previously mentioned.  Is it just me, or does the soldier in the lower left appear to be carrying a Sten Gun-a stalwart of WWII British forces?

I think it's good that Maiden is doing something socially conscious. A few years ago, at least in America, an anti-war album cover like that ould be panned on talk radio and in magazines. Now that the tide has turned and the war is more controversial than ever, you need bands to keep their fans thinking about it and if its right or not.

I quite like the cover too. As most concur - it is an improvement on DoD.

But as for the b-sides of the single, I do feel a tad dissapointed as I was sort of hoping for a cover. A Pink Floyd cover was banded about a while back, maybe this will be for a future release - if this rumour had substance.
hanginglimbs said:
you need bands to keep their fans thinking about it and if its right or not.
We don't need bands for that!

Check out this detailed info on the album and an interview with Dave & Adrian :

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Maiden_fans ... topic=5365

They mention the following :

"[Adrian:] ...The songs we covered are “Tush” by ZZ Top, “Space Truckin’” by Deep Purple, “Angel Of Death” by Thin Lizzy and “Hocus Pocus” by Focus.

[Interviewer:] I’m am very curious as to Bruce’s performance on the last one…

[Dave: ] (laughs) This cover has no vocals, or better put, it doesn’t have the vocals one would expect to hear. Nicko handles some, but certainly not as you would expect to hear. You must hear it to understand. In general, we really like playing covers. We have our heroes and we want to honor them. When the recordings are over we jam on our favorite songs to relax, and if they end up sounding good, then we keep them…"

:D

Hunlord said:
I think it looks really well, much better than the last few album covers. Its darker than possibly any other Maiden cover that I can think of, except possibly The X-Factor. Not the best artwork, but interesting.

It makes people react, so it must be a good cover. I'm still not so keen on it, although I admit that the artwork is quite nicely done -- even if it's not much compared to what Riggsy did back in the 80s!

Alright, that's that!Eddie has left the stage for good...just another stereotype 80's metal album cover which could represent millions of other bands, banal and boring, a major disappointment.

Maverick said:
It makes people react, so it must be a good cover. I'm still not so keen on it, although I admit that the artwork is quite nicely done -- even if it's not much compared to what Riggsy did back in the 80s!

JackKnife said:
The concept might not be that different from the cover concept of Two minutes to midnigth and it's fine for me. But I think the quality of the artwork just doesn't meet Riggs' standards in the mid 80s.

It seems the old geezers are back and moaning :rolleyes:

muppet2vr.jpg

^_^

Excellent cover!!! It's sooo cool!
I've set it as my desktop background.....

Back