My latest hate-mail

A

Anonymous

Sent: Tuesday 4th May 2004 15:35
To: maverick@maidenfans.com
Subject: A small bit of advice...

[span style=\'font-family:Courier\']Constantly talking shit about "religious bigots" and then going on tirades about religion and being a anti-religious bigot yourself really doesn't help your cause. You come off as a (and probably are) atheist liberal bigot and it really spoils the site you have. Shut the fuck up about your personal views and keep making a great Iron Maiden site. That's what people care about. They don't care about your repressed and scatterbrained views on religious beliefs or anything else for that matter.[/span]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Did you reply to the mail?

I don't usually reply to this kind of arseholes, but this one made me laugh, so I gratified him of an answer as follows:

[span style=\'font-family:Courier\']Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing the depths of your thoughts with me and have a nice nice life![/span]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Halleluia! He replied! God bless his little white cotton socks! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

More fun for you boys and girls! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[span style=\'font-family:Courier\']I understand that the initial response to being exposed as an ignorant bigot is very traumatizing, but over time you will see the error of your ways. Personal beliefs are the bedrock of human liberty, but being the same thing you accuse people of is the bedrock of hyprocracy.

I shall have a nice life, thank you.[/span]

Praise the Lord! I'm bound to see the errors of my ways! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] He seems to like the word 'bigot' a lot.

Maybe you should now reject all your Maiden stuff, don't take responsibility for your actions, join that Peruvian dude that posted his garbage here last week and MAKE SOMETHING OF YOUR LIFE too [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
oh and be afraid to post your opinions to appease others......

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 4 2004, 08:02 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 4 2004, 08:02 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] ...You come off as a (and probably are) atheist liberal bigot... [/quote]
OK, bigot is bad, but I'm both an atheist and a liberal and damn proud of both. If I got an email like that, I'd consider it a compliment.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 4 2004, 05:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 4 2004, 05:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] OK, bigot is bad, but I'm both an atheist and a liberal and damn proud of both. If I got an email like that, I'd consider it a compliment. [/quote]
So I receive compliments for you, SinisterMinisterX! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I am indeed an atheist and a liberal too, and I still wonder what "bigot" has got to do with these two adjectives... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 4 2004, 04:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 4 2004, 04:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] being the same thing you accuse people of is the bedrock of hyprocracy. [/quote]
"Hyprocracy", hey?

Is that a new form of democracy? [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

well, I'm a Christian and very much not a liberal.

That being said, I have never taken the slightest offence to anything that has appeared on this site. I think it's idiots like this who scare people away from spiritual beliefs.

EVERY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINONS

Were I a lesser person, I might suggest that everyone who doesn't like this arsehole send him a few dozen emails telling him why.....but I'd never do a thing like that. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

you should be allowed to speak your mind whether its your site or not! Think nothing of it Maverick, unless its someone from this site i like, then they shouldnt bother coming back here if they cant handle it

regardless what people say here you can't take anything serious on MB.. if so they must have issues..

Well regardless what your belief is you should never question. especially here where i guess you will never meet the Avatars with names behind them..

Even if your a "bigot" ...

the guy is a moron tell him to post here more regularly i want read his piont of views on subjects and his rantings.....

wtf? that guy is telling you that you're not allowed to post your opinion on your site? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I still think that ignoring the idiot would have been better, ridicule only goes so far, while not even acknowlledging him is a heavier blow.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 4 2004, 01:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 4 2004, 01:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] "Hyprocracy", hey?

Is that a new form of democracy?  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm not usually one to make a short comment like this, but the guy is an arsehole - if he's got problems with your view ons the commentary, then why doesn't he write a nice little paragraph after each comment, saying "I would like to politely disagree with Mav as...." instead of going all high and mighty on you. Remember, Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged!

ok, not so short, but its bigots like him, (I used the word) that really really do piss me off!

ok, I'll be quiet now!
Taffy

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Personal beliefs are the bedrock of human liberty[/quote]
I thought that when you believed in something you had to make a few «sacrifice».
Like going to church every Sunday which i do every week [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] . He's contradicting(is that a word??? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )himself...... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back