my dream is finished (Now with sound sample!)

Maidenfreak

Ancient Mariner
Hey there!

Some of you have already seen (or heard, or both!) my new treasure, but I never managed to tell the rest of you that my Steve bass is actually finished (well, nearly, it's only missing a proper mirror pickguard now, but I'll get that very soon!), as I didn't have a digicam to take proper pictures.

Now that little Jesus helped me solving that problem I thought I'd share two pics for you to look at...
and to reassure that I'm completely nuts [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://losferwords.notb.org/stevebass.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /] [img src=\'http://losferwords.notb.org/mesteve.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Dec 26 2005, 08:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Dec 26 2005, 08:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]to reassure that I'm completely nuts [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[/quote]

The red eye says it all! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Neat bass, I'm sure 'Arry would be proud.

Well done Freaky !

Are you wearing Spandex ? [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Spandex?! NAH!
It's one of my trademark bell bottom trousers [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I looks fantastic! I'm sure Steve would like it!
Can you make me one? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nice work there Phreaky! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nice to see it completed [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Lookin good man [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Freaky, what can I say? Steve's wristband, his shirt, his bass, hell, his hair...what's next? Plastic surgery?

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Dec 27 2005, 05:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Dec 27 2005, 05:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Freaky, what can I say?  Steve's wristband, his shirt, his bass, hell, his hair...what's next?  Plastic surgery?
[snapback]125945[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Heehee, we should take a collection to raise funds for Freaky's plastic surgery. Imagine 2 'Arrys runnin around on stage exactly identical. We could even get you an operation to shrink you so you are as tiny as Steve.

Nice work man [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Dec 27 2005, 05:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Dec 27 2005, 05:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Heehee, we should take a collection to raise funds for Freaky's plastic surgery.  Imagine 2 'Arrys runnin around on stage exactly identical.  We could even get you an operation to shrink you so you are as tiny as Steve.

Nice work man [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125953[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm just about the same height as Steve [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] maybe even a bit smaller! I'm quite good at impersonating him I guess... but plastic surgery, hmm, nah! I'm ugly enough already [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wow... great work ! I'm really impressed !
Hail "The New" Steve Harris !! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm quite impressed with your success, Freaky. I hope you have fun with your new toy! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Looks great. Have fun playing it. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

very [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] indeed mate!

it took me a few months to finish it. It actually all started this August.
I bought all the seperate parts, did the custom paintjob myself and then assembled it all to give birth to this little twin of 'Arry's bass.
It was great fun!

That's why I'm thinking of building a chessboard style bass next year [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back