My day at the Ruskin Arms

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
Sorry to bring it back, but here are some pictures from my trip, i'm not in any of them though, my mate took the ones with me in using his digital camera and so i dont have them yet. Sorry about the bad quality, they were on my phone [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

1) Here we are outside of the Ruskin, looks a nice place!

[attachmentid=278]

2) Inside we go, ooh the nice lady let me go on stage, so here i am on the stage giving you all a maiden-view.

[attachmentid=279]

3) I jumped off the stage and hurt my leg! Nah, didnt really, here is the stage from a crowd perspective.

[attachmentid=280]

4) Nice little place this is, we shall have a game of pool methinks! We did! I potted the black..... halfway through the game, i lose! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[attachmentid=281]

5) A pint of your finest ale please ma'am! And another and another and another.... and another.... This sight became blurrier as the evening went on i tell you.

[attachmentid=282]

6) Here is my buddy Marcus, being merry, drinking and no doubt dancing about to one of the many maiden songs we played on the jukebox! Thank you, lovely lady at the bar for turning the music up for us! He looks.... fairly normal.... (You lucky people, im not in a single picture here! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

[attachmentid=283]

7) It got very late, the sky was dark, i was stumbling and i somehow managed to take a photo of the building on our way to the trains. I dont remember much after that....

[attachmentid=284]

I had a great day! Sorry again about those blurry photos, i hope you enjoyed my day at the Ruskin in pictures! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice ones! Iäd like to go there some day. I checked with their homepage, if you send them a demotape with your band you might have the opportunity to play there, that would be big for me...

They've got a Fosters Chilled tap! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(nice time 7th? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

The ruskin is a great place to have a beer and play some pool with Maiden on the jukebox !!! i go there at least two times every year, after going to a HAMMERS game.

They do! And chilled it was! I touched it for some reason... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Maniac+Jan 1 2005, 02:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Maniac @ Jan 1 2005, 02:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The ruskin is a great place to have a beer and play some pool with Maiden on the jukebox !!! i go there at least two times every year, after going to a HAMMERS game.
[snapback]95017[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm not a Hammers fan but I wouldn't mind going to one of their games soon.

Nice pics jamie mate, hope i can meet you on this tour, and go to Cart & Horses.
cheers [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Jan 9 2005, 04:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Jan 9 2005, 04:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nice pictures m8 !!
Looks like a good place to visit for Maiden fans...

Btw, did you see Iron Maiden that day or no ??  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] lol  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95592[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I didnt meet them, no. But i did meet this guy who had been with maiden from the start who lived above the ruskin. He... shall we say... knew D'anno...

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jan 9 2005, 08:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jan 9 2005, 08:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I didnt meet them, no. But i did meet this guy who had been with maiden from the start who lived above the ruskin. He... shall we say... knew D'anno...
[snapback]95606[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Was it Pete?

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jan 10 2005, 04:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jan 10 2005, 04:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Didnt ask his name, but we had a long chat. He had long blonde hair in his 40's maybe 50's. Nice bloke!
[snapback]95661[/snapback]​
[/quote]

What about the blonde ones...lovely girl..also the owner..is a great guy

Top stuff!!

I live about 10 minutes walk from the Ruskin and it is a quality boozer. I get in their fairly regularly but nowhere near as much as in the days before my kids were born.

Did you notice the motorbike protruding from the front of the bar?

Visited the Houses of Parliament today with my Law class. Noticed a street called 'Acacia Street'. Naturally i started singing the song. Didnt sound very good with the word street in there though.

very nice pictures [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Jan 18 2005, 04:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Jan 18 2005, 04:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Did you see Charlotte there ??  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]96349[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah i did actually. Missed out the starter and got the main course for a tenner. Bargain. She werent half bad either. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I know I shouldnt revive this long dead topic but....
the place has hardly changed at all for 20 years..compare it to the footage on the early days dvd...Its EXACTLY the same!!

Back