More Survivor games?

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I'm interested in increasing the number of Survivor games. However, there's been some talk about the forum having enough games right now. So I thought I'd throw this out for discussion, and if people want more games I'd enjoy running them.

I am prepared to double the number of Survivors to 16 (with 8 updating each day). I have already selected the bands. Some come from the poll we had earlier (ideas suggested by forum members).

If I did start 8 more games, these would be the 8 new bands:
Iced Earth, Helloween, Jimi Hendrix, Dio, Blind Guardian, UFO, AC/DC and Dream Theater.

I'm not considering other bands at this time. Some other bands are already in the pipeline (such as Metallica when Iron Maiden is done). I'll also be taking suggestions in the future, but this thread is not for that purpose.

If anyone would be interested in Survivors for the bands I listed, then say so in this thread and we can decide if it's a good idea.

I like the survivor format the most of the current games, but most of the bands currently going are ones I'm not familiar enough with to vote.  The new bands at least sound fine to me.

I'd love to do Hendrix, UFO, AC/DC and Dio (especially Dio).

And I might do the Helloween one as well. I'd have to crash the other two bands' discographies before I try them.

I can participate with 3 or 4 of those.

And maybe I can try to participate in more 2 or 3 of those after some downloads lol. This can be a good way of getting into some bands.

I'd be all over Dio, AC/DC, and UFO.
And might be able to handle Hendrix and Dream Theater.
Like what I've heard of the other three, but haven't heard enough.

Black_Thunder said:
SMX, are you planning to do Hendrix's posthumous albums? (The Cry Of Love, Rainbow Bridge, etc.)

I haven't decided. I'm leaning toward yes on The Cry Of Love, since Hendrix did supervise most of that album himself, intending it to be his 4th main studio album. But with all his other posthumous albums, I'm leaning towards no.

Another tricky choice is Band Of Gypsys. Hendrix was serious about that project, but it never got very popular. And to be honest, there's only one real classic on that album ("Machine Gun").

Overall, reaction seems positive so far. Better than I expected, even! So unless I hear differently in this thread, I'll start these games soon.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I haven't decided. I'm leaning toward yes on The Cry Of Love, since Hendrix did supervise most of that album himself, intending it to be his 4th main studio album. But with all his other posthumous albums, I'm leaning towards no.

Another tricky choice is Band Of Gypsys. Hendrix was serious about that project, but it never got very popular. And to be honest, there's only one real classic on that album ("Machine Gun").

Overall, reaction seems positive so far. Better than I expected, even! So unless I hear differently in this thread, I'll start these games soon.

But it's too short with 4 albums. My suggestion is to include them.

No, I don't think 4 albums is too short at all. We're doing Guns N Roses right now with only 4 albums, and we've done Blaze Bayley with 4 (before Promise And Terror came out).

Don't worry, I have a feeling there will be plenty of Hendrix songs to chew on. :bigsmile:

Back