Mobile Forum (like Taptalk)

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Any thoughts on putting the forum on TapTalk (I mainly mention that one because the app is currently free)

That would be swell. Mobile version of this site is no good.

I think the mobile version of most forums are not that great ... it looks okay on a tablet, but not so much on a phone

Hey guys, mind if I move this to Community? Otherwise, you'll have to wait for every message to be approved by a mod.

I think the mobile version of most forums are not that great ... it looks okay on a tablet, but not so much on a phone
Yea, especially when more flash is involved. It's (as far as I know) impossible to run an html only version of this site. Seems like it's easy enough to get this on tapatalk, but we would need Jon to do it.

I'm under the impression that xenforo is in the process of making a mobile version of this site. I'm not aware of a current mobile version that is out there? On my phone it just looks like the normal site. The old forum had a pretty ok mobile version, so I'm hoping Xenforo comes out with something nice.

I'm not familiar with Tap Talk, I'll read up.

Oh well if xenoforo has something then that would be cool. When I said current mobile version I just meant what comes up when you access the site on mobile. It's just the normal version of the site.

OK, gotcha. Yeah, I've spoke with Jon about this on occasion and I'm under the impression that they are in process. I don't recall the specifics, but some roadblock they faced just opened in the last month or so and they are developing something.

I'm expecting that we'll know more in the next few months. (Hopefully sooner! I really want a good mobile site :))

That is good to hear .. I do not care if it is TapTalk or something else. I just mention TapTalk because I use and like it .. but I am sure there are many good options out there

Back