Mission Edition VS. Regular?

Mega

Ancient Mariner
So I got the Mission Edition, but I'm getting second thoughts.
I mean, the box is not special at all, doesn't even have a standart CD holder inside. I thought for some reason it just came inside the tin box and you could use it regularly like the sleeve on AMOLAD. There's no writing on the side too.
Also, what's up with the booklet? No name or anything, just the picture.
The bonuses are pretty cool, but nothing too special.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I bought them both. I don't care, it's Maiden! And the album is incredible. Though I gotta say, viewing the bonus stuff online is plain dumb. They should have been on the disc itself. Also, I would have loved to see a behind the scenes making of the album as well.

Stan said:
Honestly, I bought them both. I don't care, it's Maiden! And the album is incredible. Though I gotta say, viewing the bonus stuff online is plain dumb. They should have been on the disc itself. Also, I would have loved to see a behind the scenes making of the album as well.

I agree completely. I think it's a anti-piracy measure or something, but it wouldv'e been alot better if they had given a second disc, like they did with AMOLAD.
I think I'll also buy the other version. This one doesn't fit with the others on display :p

Well, more like "anti-fan measure" :) surely pissed off many buyers of the limited edition. On the other side, there is still a chance, that they will put a new content on the site for the owners of this edition :) That would be impossible with a regular bonus (that is DVD), I guess.

I got the regular edition only because I couldn't find the special one.Seeing many people not too excited with the special edition makes me think if I have to buy this too while it's 100% certain that I''ll get it on vinyl too.

I really like that my regular edition comes with a really large booklet.In fact it's a book.  :yey:

Is there more than the lyrics on your booklet Murder?
And the page of pics at the end.

Yes.
There is one page with artwork after every page of lyrics.And a picture of the band in the middle.

I''ll post a few pics of how it looks like.

Looks good. I read somewhere that there are different packagings in different countries. Might you be from Greece? I head that there is some kind of extended booklet in Greece. I actually do not know how the regular edition looks in the Czech Republic, because I got the Mission edition, but I guess it is a standard jewel case with a standard booklet :) Geez, I should better look at it in a shop instead of making guesses.

I bought it just because it's a collector's item.  But honestly, as a package it kind sucks.  The case is arguably cheaper than a regular case, you have to go online to access the bonus features, which means I can't just pop in the disc and watch it on my DVD player.  And the simple sticker on the back is just kinda lame.  AMOLAD had a much better "deluxe" edition with the slipcase and DVD with studio footage and interviews.  It was simple, crisp, and to the point.  This new mission edition misses the mark badly.  That being said, it's Iron Maiden, so I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Sure, me neither, but still it kinda pinches me a bit.
I'll but the regular edition and store this one somewhere. CD's today are so cheap it's not even a question.

Belenor said:
Looks good. I read somewhere that there are different packagings in different countries. Might you be from Greece? I head that there is some kind of extended booklet in Greece. I actually do not know how the regular edition looks in the Czech Republic, because I got the Mission edition, but I guess it is a standard jewel case with a standard booklet :) Geez, I should better look at it in a shop instead of making guesses.

That's right.The good thing is that you can find this version not only on CD-stores but on every spot that sells newspapers and magazines at the price of 12,90 euros which I think is a great price.
Since AMOLAD went #1 without such sort of advantages I think it's only a matter of time before the new album is announced to have reached number one again.  :yey:

Crap.
I got me regular edition today, but the booklet is the same, only with the writing on the cover.
I didn't see that what murder meant was that he somehow got thi huge booklet.
Oh well, at least it fits better on my display.

I always buy the special edition (cd / dvd / bluyay) but I rarely watch the extras. Didn't like how the disk needed to be in a pc and not just an internet enabled player which was annoying. But frack it, it was only a few euros more!

Main thing I don't like about the special edition is the sticker on the back with the track listing. Looks tacky compared to the rest of the look and feel of the cd box. Shoulda put it on the inside or made it easier to remove.

Still though, who cares what it looks like, now that the cd has been ripped onto multifarious mp3 players only thing that counts is the music.

Did they ever fix the documentary on the website?  I recall after the Mission Edition first came out, there were many reports that the video froze in the exact same place.  Has that been remedied?  I've been holding off on watching the documentary until this problem is fixed. 

cornfedhick said:
Did they ever fix the documentary on the website?  I recall after the Mission Edition first came out, there were many reports that the video froze in the exact same place.  Has that been remedied?  I've been holding off on watching the documentary until this problem is fixed. 
It worked fine for me.

Back