Metal

A

Anonymous

What bands, in your eyes, are most melodic? I'm looking to expand my CD collection and the more melodic, the better. It's my favourite.

Sonata Artica is VERY melodic, I recommend you start with their first cd, Ecliptica. In Flames is very melodic as well and are influenced by maiden. They use raspy death metal vocals but you quickly get used to it because musically they just kick ass. Start with either the Jester Race or Whoracle (whoracle is their best in my opinion when it comes to melodic) Gamma Ray, though they are not exceptional, they are very good, very melodic. It was formed by Kai Hansen, Helloween's former founder. Their high point is reached in Land of the Free. Then of course, when it comes to Melodic, Symphonic metal kicks ass. Bands like Therion (get Theli or Vovin), Rhapsody, Edguy or Lana Lane are VERY melodic. download iTunes, and tune in to Progradio. to get the play list open a browser and go to progedradio.com (or something like that i'll check later) and when you hear something you like (which trust me it will be every single song) look up the name on the now playing list.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Apr 19 2004, 08:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Apr 19 2004, 08:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] 1) In Flames is very melodic as well and are influenced by maiden. They use raspy death metal vocals but you quickly get used to it because musically they just kick ass. Start with either the Jester Race or Whoracle (whoracle is their best in my opinion when it comes to melodic)

2) Gamma Ray, though they are not exceptional, they are very good, very melodic. It was formed by Kai Hansen, Helloween's former founder. Their high point is reached in Land of the Free.

3) Bands like Therion (get Theli or Vovin), Rhapsody, Edguy or Lana Lane are VERY melodic.

4) download iTunes, and tune in to Progradio. to get the play list open a browser and go to progedradio.com (or something like that i'll check later) and when you hear something you like (which trust me it will be every single song) look up the name on the now playing list. [/quote]
1) I absolutely love In Flames, they're one of my very favourite bands. I personally like Lunar Strain/Subterranean better than the Whoracle/Jester Race albums. I like the more raw sound of it. Jesper Stromblad is a genius.

2) Love Gamma Ray. Don't have any albums yet, but love them. I also like other Power/Prog metal like Hammerfall & Rhapsody.

3) I also like Therion. Again, don't have any albums, but I'll see to it that I will soon. I've also heard Edguy, but haven't heard of Lana Lane. I'll check them out.

4) iTunes came with my Computer. I'll go check out the Progradio thing right now.

Thanks for the info.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]hey onhell, what's sonata arctica's best cd ??? [/quote]

I think it´s ecliptica (specially MY LAND), they´re cool

I TOTALLY RECOMMEND YOU EDGUY´S NEW ONE, IT FUCKING ROCKS

Ecliptica is definately Sonata Arctica's best album, but my favourite song is The Power of One from Silence.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Apr 20 2004, 12:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Apr 20 2004, 12:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Ecliptica is definately Sonata Arctica's best album, but my favourite song is The Power of One from Silence. [/quote]
yup, ecliptica is there best so far, their second album is also very good, their third...um...it's more artsy and harder to digest. my fave is fullmoon and letter to dana, but I LOVE all of ecliptica. My best friend is obssessed with power of one haha

Well, I am too. Right now it's on my Top 5 songs. The other four are Paschendale and the three parts of Gettysburg (1863).

My favourites:

Edguy - Mandrake
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Stratovarius - Infinite
Lanfear - The Art Effect

Gotthard, Pink Cream 69 is also melodic...
but more that kind of early Bon Jovi/Europe style

[!--QuoteBegin-GodBeWithYou+Apr 19 2004, 09:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GodBeWithYou @ Apr 19 2004, 09:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]2) Love Gamma Ray. Don't have any albums yet, but love them. [/quote]
Gamma Ray [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

...me too...but i have some CDs...THEY ROCK!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Apr 20 2004, 12:33 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Apr 20 2004, 12:33 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Narnia [/quote]
[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I can't find their CD ANYWHERE in the US!! I heard a tiny clip from them online once, and looked around for about two months, but didn't find anything. I soon forgot about them, but still would love to find one of their albums in stores or online. Know anywhere I can grab one?

You can find them on amazon.com. for this to be my post #251 it's pretty simple, hehe. me likes

griffadickinson:

Is it you with the boys on the photo in your signature? [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Anyone heard of Advantasia? They any good? What about Kamelot?

I'm on Amazon [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm thinkin' a Gamma Ray album, a Rhapsody album, an Edguy album, a Sonata Arctica album, and a Narnia album. Maybe even a Lana Lane if I have enough money.

Avantasia is a Metal Opera like "Nostradameus"..

Avantasia has part I and part II and the main vocal is "Tobias Sammet" from "Edguy".
As far as I know, the whole band from Edguy plays...

And there are of course a lot of guest singers....

You definitely NEED to check it out!

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Anyone ever heard CoB? (Children of Bodom)
It's finnish melodic death-metal band....
It's very melodic....

X-Japan
Kings X
[!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Rautakeiju+May 14 2004, 09:25 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Rautakeiju @ May 14 2004, 09:25 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Anyone ever heard CoB? (Children of Bodom)
It's finnish melodic death-metal band....
It's very melodic.... [/quote]
Compared to "usual" Death Metal - yes it's melodic, but you still have to like that style of singing/music...

Back