Members

I've been looking around the memberlist and as an act of curiosity, went out to check the posts. I realised that more than 1000 or more(after a while i got bored of clicking next) who doesn't post even once. I think their account should be terminated. What do u think

536 posts in one month [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

0 posts in 2 years [!--emo&:guns:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/guns[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'guns[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:guns:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/guns[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'guns[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:guns:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/guns[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'guns[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Wrathchild666+Feb 10 2004, 04:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wrathchild666 @ Feb 10 2004, 04:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] 536 posts in one month [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[/quote]
Most of them being just 100 emoctions posted in a row.

2900 posts in six months.

Me, I've "only" got 230 in 4+ months. But then again, perhaps some of us have a different idea about what is the optimum signal-to-noise ratio. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Re terminating inactive accounts: if RW and the other monkeys feel that inactive accounts are making the systems suffer due to lack of memory, sure. Otherwise, why forcibly exclude people from our ranks? Seems excessively mean-spirited to me... "Post or get the hell out!" For guys like me who sometimes go a week without posting, yet are still quite active, that's not a cool attitude to have.

Many people are registered but never post. It's hard to detect who's got a dead account. I don't want to penalise anyone, so I'll leave things as they are.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 10 2004, 03:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 10 2004, 03:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Many people are registered but never post. It's hard to detect who's got a dead account. I don't want to penalise anyone, so I'll leave things as they are. [/quote]
Well you don't have to ban them, just delete the accounts. If they want to start posting, then all they have to do is register again... right?

Ah, what do I know? *shrugs* [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's a valid point but people need to register on the forums to join the E-Team or post reviews. Some people register for that reason not to post on the forums. As Mav said, it's difficult to tell which accounts are never used. They're not doing any harm by being there so I'll just leave them for now

Maybe anyone of them will return sometime and make a few posts. It wouldn't be nice to enter the boards and see your account has been terminated.

Back