Megadeth

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
ABC ePrep is reproting that MEGADETH's greatest hits album, "Back to the Start", will be released on June 28. You may recall that the band asked fans to vote for the songs to be included on the album via a poll on their web site.

The 17-track compilation will be released as a CD and as a limited-edition CD/DVD set. The DVD portion of the CD/DVD set includes a new video for the song "Kill the King", which was edited from previous music videos and behind-the-scenes footage. It also includes seven previously unreleased live performances drawn from MEGADETH's 1999 "Risk" tour, plus a preview of a forthcoming DVD called "Arsenal of Megadeth". That DVD will be a double-disc career retrospective featuring videos, concert footage, interviews, and home movies guitarist/vocalist Dave Mustaine shot on the road. "Arsenal of Megadeth" will be out in the fall.

Here's the track listing for "Greatest Hits: Back to the Start":

CD:

01. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
02. In My Darkest Hour
03. Peace Sells
04. Sweating Bullets
05. Angry Again
06. A Tout Le Monde
07. Trust
08. Kill the King
09. Symphony of Destruction
10. Mechanix (2002 Remix)
11. Train of Consequences
12. Wake Up Dead
13. Hangar 18
14. Dread and the Fugitive Mind
15. Skin O' My Teeth
16. She-Wolf
17. Prince of Darkness

(Total running time: 78:15)

DVD:

01. Kill The King Mega-Mix video
02. "Megadeth Live" intro screen/Prince Of Darkness
03. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
04. In My Darkest Hour
05. Hangar 18
06. Sweating Bullets
07. Symphony of Destruction
08. Peace Sells
09. Preview for "Arsenal of Megadeth"

(Total running time: 39:09)

Not wanting to start a new thread, I'll just post this new Megadeth news here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOx3hfnK7Q

This is the new song from their new album.  The sound recording is alright, enough to give us an impression of the song.  I think it's great!

Conor said:
Not wanting to start a new thread, I'll just post this new Megadeth news here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOx3hfnK7Q

This is the new song from their new album.  The sound recording is alright, enough to give us an impression of the song.  I think it's great!

I agree.  I haven't heard much of 'The System Has Failed', but my viewing of the 'Rude Awakening' DVD has showed me that Megadeth have been very consistent throughout their career, moreso than Metallica or Slayer.  I like that, because (and I may risk being flamed here), I liked (Re)Load and Risk.  Not as metal, or even for their respective bands, but just as music.  However, Megadeth have always been the most technical band out of the big four, and I like that a lot.  Yes, the line-up changes have affected public opinion of them quite a bit, and Dave's a bit of an asshole sometimes (Seriously, if you don't agree with the Conjuring anymore, just changed the words...it's a kickass song!), but they are a great band.  I'll definitely be looking into their new CD, and when they come back to Hellfast, I'll be there.

Raven said:
I agree.  I haven't heard much of 'The System Has Failed', but my viewing of the 'Rude Awakening' DVD has showed me that Megadeth have been very consistent throughout their career, moreso than Metallica or Slayer.  I like that, because (and I may risk being flamed here), I liked (Re)Load and Risk.  Not as metal, or even for their respective bands, but just as music.  However, Megadeth have always been the most technical band out of the big four, and I like that a lot.  Yes, the line-up changes have affected public opinion of them quite a bit, and Dave's a bit of an asshole sometimes (Seriously, if you don't agree with the Conjuring anymore, just changed the words...it's a kickass song!), but they are a great band.  I'll definitely be looking into their new CD, and when they come back to Hellfast, I'll be there.

Risk is not an all-bad album.  It has some good songs.  'Breadline', for example, is an atypical Megadeth song, but it works well.  'Wonderlust' and 'Prince of Darkness' are good too.  The horrible things about it: a) the talking parts -- this has almost always ruined their songs (The System Has Failed, Risk songs, Countdown to Extinction.. the only exception I can think of is Bush's quote in 'Foreclosure of a Dream') and b) that Bon Jovi-like love song -- what's its name? and c) the acoustically flavoured 'Time' parts.  Oh yeah, I'm tired of the poppie 'Crush 'Em', too.  Maybe if it had more power.  Where are the instruments on that one, especially the drums?

To Raven: I suggest you d/l some 'The System Has Failed' songs and see if you like it.  I think it is a great album.
(I can't wait for the new one -- as I was hoping Dave would change his mind about 'The System...' being his last).
Yeah, it is good that Dave is all like "I'm Christian now" but they should play more of their thrash songs, I agree.

i bought the cd of this, it's great! i just wish i had gotten the cd/dvd

any Megadeth fan will love it, i do

Powerslave, do you mean the Greatest Hits?  I bought the CD/DVD version and I must say that although it's good, it's more worthwhile buying their studio albums.

yeah, i thought it was good although they did leave some good songs out

powerslave said:
yeah, i thought it was good although they did leave some good songs out

Hook in Mouth, My Last Words, Foreclosure of a Dream, This was My Life and many others.  I don't have the CD and do NOT plan on getting it since I have every song on that compilation.

Genghis Khan said:
Hook in Mouth, My Last Words, Foreclosure of a Dream, This was My Life and many others. 

yep, those ones should have been on there. the only megadeth albums i have are peace sells and countdown to extinction, but i know alot more songs than just the ones on those

i used to have "rust in peace" or something like that on vinyl but my bro trashed it before i could really listen to it :mad:

powerslave said:
yep, those ones should have been on there. the only megadeth albums i have are peace sells and countdown to extinction, but i know alot more songs than just the ones on those

i used to have "rust in peace" or something like that on vinyl but my bro trashed it before i could really listen to it :mad:

That's a cause for severe punishment  ;).  Confiscate all Iron Maiden CDs and make him listen to gangsta rap  :bigsmile:.

Back