Megadeth

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
MEGADETH are offering their fans a chance to pick the songs to be included on the group's upcoming "Greatest Hits" album, tentatively due later in the year.

A poll for each MEGADETH album has been started on the band's official forum, and you can vote for more than one song, but once you have clicked to vote, you cannot vote for that album again.

In other MEGADETH news, the Blackmail the Universe Europe 2005 tour kicked off in Dublin last night (Feb. 1) with DIAMOND HEAD supporting. MEGADETH's set list for the performance was as follows:

01. Blackmail the Universe
02. Set the World Afire
03. Skin O' My Teeth
04. Scorpion
05. Wake Up Dead
06. Something I'm Not
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Angry Again
09. Of Mice and Men
10. A Tout Le Monde
11. Die Dead Enough
12. Trust
13. Tornado
14. Kick The Chair
15. Hangar 18
16. Sweating Bullets
17. Symphony of Destruction
18. Back In The Day
19. Peace Sells.../Mechanix
Encore:
20. Holy Wars

They need to do more of their old stuff on the best-of...preferably their first four albums.

A solid setlist, though, even though it's got too much new stuff.

Went to their forums and voted from my favorite from each album for the forthcoming greatest hits.

Cool idea.

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-SearanoX+Feb 3 2005, 03:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SearanoX @ Feb 3 2005, 03:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]They need to do more of their old stuff on the best-of...preferably their first four albums. 

A solid setlist, though, even though it's got too much new stuff.
[snapback]97277[/snapback]​
[/quote]

But the new stuff is really good! Better than much of the old stuff. I think the setlist speaks of a Megadeth with self confidence in their new album. I'm missing Crush'm on the setlist though! It's one of their best. Especially when played loud.

[!--QuoteBegin-PEZ+Feb 7 2005, 03:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(PEZ @ Feb 7 2005, 03:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But the new stuff is really good! Better than much of the old stuff. I think the setlist speaks of a Megadeth with self confidence in their new album. I'm missing Crush'm on the setlist though! It's one of their best. Especially when played loud.
[snapback]97508[/snapback]​
[/quote]I'm just going to ignore that post and pretend that you agreed. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SearanoX+Feb 8 2005, 01:16 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SearanoX @ Feb 8 2005, 01:16 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm just going to ignore that post and pretend that you agreed.  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97547[/snapback]​
[/quote]

And I hijack your votes on Crush'em being one of the best of Megadeth's. :)

I think The System Has Failed is their best album since Peace Sells, personally.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Feb 18 2005, 07:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Feb 18 2005, 07:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think The System Has Failed is their best album since Peace Sells, personally.
[snapback]98182[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I know what you said, but I know you meant to say since Countdown to Extinction [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back