MATT BARLOW REUINITING WITH ICED EARTH!!!

Shame kicking Owens out, I always liked him.  But Matt Barlow?  Ah, screw Owens, BARLOW'S COMING BACK!

Great news.  Shame they probably won't be coming to Finland...  :(

NOOO, NOO AND ANOTHER FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want Ripper to leave  :down:! He's THE Iced earth vocalist to me. Meh. Ah well, Barlows great too, but I prefer Tim by a mile. The good thing though, is that I can expect a new Beyond Fear cd in the near future  :ok:!

Yax said:
NOOO, NOO AND ANOTHER FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want Ripper to leave  :down:! He's THE Iced earth vocalist to me. Meh. Ah well, Barlows great too, but I prefer Tim by a mile. The good thing though, is that I can expect a new Beyond Fear cd in the near future  :ok:!

I thought I was the only one, Yax.

I'm not too chuffed by this news.  I guess, though, when you join Iced Earth, you probably have to sign a waiver saying that, "Warning.  Jon Schaeffer can (and likely will) fire you at any time, for any (or no) reason, and with or without warning or provocation."

LooseCannon said:
I thought I was the only one, Yax.

I'm not too chuffed by this news.  I guess, though, when you join Iced Earth, you probably have to sign a waiver saying that, "Warning.  Jon Schaeffer can (and likely will) fire you at any time, for any (or no) reason, and with or without warning or provocation."

You can likely expect a new Winters Bane album in the future with Tim as well. Heart of a Killer 2, which is the sequel to Heeart of a Killer, which Tim recorded when he was 18. It's not official, but Winters Bane's guitarist told Blabbermouth that he and Tim might do it.

I will be frank - I cannot stand Ripper Owen's voice.  I'm not going to say why, or argue that Barlow kicks his ass into the ground, as we've had this argument before, and it's all a matter of taste.

Even still, I'm extremely disappointed by Schaffer's complete and utter spinelessness.  To turn on Owens just because fans like me don't appreciate his style is quite shallow, and reeks of a rather cynical attempt to please 'old' fans.  I think Schaffer would have been better off putting Iced Earth on hiatus after Barlow's departure, if he values him so much.

Did someone wake up a bit late?  I thought it was rather odd that you were so silent on this matter, considering the battles we had! ;)

I also have a double feeling about it. At the moment I'm looking more forward to the next Pyramaze album, which should be hard to beat.

Now that time has passed, I'm also a bit unsure of the whole thing.  On one hand, Barlow is an amazing singer and I simply love Alive in Athens.  On the other hand, Ripper is pretty darn good too, and I like the direction IE has taken with him; I don't think Barlow would have been better for Framing Armageddon, so he probably won't be better for Something Wicked part 2 either.  And I really would have wanted a live album with Ripper.

To be frank, I find Barlow's speech to the audience pretty boring and unenthusiastic, and I hate it how he says "brothers and sisters".  His speaking reeks of stereotypes, sort of.  Nothing like Bruce; he's a great singer, but Bruce is miles and miles ahead of him as a frontman.  But Ripper?  He might be better as a frontman, but he might also be worse.  Bear in mind that I haven't seen either of the bands live, so this is based on videos and albums.

But hey, as long as they come to Finland (which they skipped on their last tour), I'm not complaining!  :bigsmile:

Invader said:
and I hate it how he says "brothers and sisters". 

When he's singing, immediately after every sentence you can hear him saying  "AHHHHH", connected to the last word.
(taking breath)
When you think about it, it gets annoying, so basically, better don't! ;)

Forostar said:
Did someone wake up a bit late?  I thought it was rather odd that you were so silent on this matter, considering the battles we had! ;)

I also have a double feeling about it. At the moment I'm looking more forward to the next Pyramaze album, which should be hard to beat.

Well, it was already mentioned in another thread, and I was away in Cambridge the week this was announced, anyway  :p

I would call them 'heated debates' more than 'battles'...perhaps a bit too heated at times! ;)

Back