Maiden's Connection With Schenker & Blackmore

A

Anonymous

hey i was just browsing for some iron maiden info & stumbled upon this one. can u give me any

info about the influence of Michael Schenker (UFO,MSG,Scorpions,Contraband) or any trivia

regarding the 2 entities? i know they used to play rousing live covers of 'Doctor Doctor'

also, if possible, give me some insight of Ritchie Blackmore's involvement with maiden. i've read

somewhere about maiden being identified to their producer Martin Birch or something like it.

shed some light on the subject, if you can.

Note: i only own Best Of The Beast, Brave New World, The Number Of The Beast & Fear Of The

Dark along with the dvd Visions Of The Beast.

Martin Birch produced 9 Iron Maiden albums:
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer For The Dying
Fear of the Dark

Maiden also recorded their version of "Doctor Doctor" and released it as a b-side.

Maiden, as a band, has had no involvement with Blackmore that I've ever heard of. However, some individual members may have worked with him on their own. Perhaps others can shed more light on this.

[!--quoteo(post=128940:date=Feb 13 2006, 08:28 PM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Feb 13 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]128940[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Martin Birch produced 9 Iron Maiden albums:
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer For The Dying
Fear of the Dark

Maiden also recorded their version of "Doctor Doctor" and released it as a b-side.

Maiden, as a band, has had no involvement with Blackmore that I've ever heard of. However, some individual members may have worked with him on their own. Perhaps others can shed more light on this.
[/quote]
thanks man, that was lots of help. but now i checked your mick wall's commentary page, & it says
martin birch was given the s/t album of maiden by blackmore. is it true then?

If Mick Wall says it, there's no reason to believe that it isn't true. He's Maiden's "official" biographer after all. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

Martin Birch has said in interviews that Blackmore played him the first Maiden album when he was on a visit and suggested he should produce them, so it's probably true.

Maiden supported Rainbow on about a dozen dates in the US during the Beast on the Road tour, but that's all direct involvement with Blackmore I can think of for now. However, Blackmore's guitar playing was a major influence on the Maiden guitarists and the band often cite Deep Purple as a great inspiration (especially Bruce), so Blackmore has a lot of indirect connections with Maiden.

Back