MaidenFans Site Outage 2010-11-29 1400-2130 GMT

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Apologies for the downtime earlier today. Unfortunately the hard disk in the server failed in a precarious way that meant things had to be taken offline, completely backed up, repaired and verified to avoid data loss.

Fortunately, the process was successful and things are now up and running in the state they were as of this afternoon. I have put 100% into getting things back up as soon as possible, and you can rest assured that safekeeping of the data is a top priority.

Thanks,
Jon

Thanks for the great job doing this. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working great again.

I was a bit worried to be honest.
The 1st time the free forum went down we decided that we would join here if it ever happened again.
Perhaps we should suggest a couple of good Maiden fora just in case this one goes down.(even though this doesn't seem to be happening here  :ok:)

This forum isn't going anywhere. Jon is on top of things. I wasn't here for any outage, but it appears Jon handled it excellently.

Almost every website has downtime eventually. Hell, even Google has gone down. It's no reason to abandon a site, unless it happens over and over because the owners don't care. Obviously, Jon isn't that kind of owner.

Back