Maidenfans e-mails

Saapanael

Ancient Mariner
Even though I’ve unticked all the e-mail options in account preferences, I’ve never stopped receiving e-mail notifications when a thread I’m following gets a new reply. How to stop getting these e-mails?

Even though I’ve unticked all the e-mail options in account preferences, I’ve never stopped receiving e-mail notifications when a thread I’m following gets a new reply. How to stop getting these e-mails?

I have the same problem but fortunately they all go to my junk email

I have the same issue, straight into my inbox even though I swear I’ve unticked everything on this forum.

And I thought this was going to be a thread asking for everyone’s email addresses, so I only came here to Michael-Jackson-popcorn-GIF the moderators’ responses!

This is weird, because although I unticked everything (my e-mail is cluttered as is), I still get e-mail notifications about a reply in a watched thread, but only occasionally and only for some threads. There's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it's twice a day and sometimes it's after several weeks. Also the threads it picks are absolutely random, like recently I got an e-mail for the 1M replies thread (OK, sounds reasonable) and just today for the Judas Priest thread - which I probably haven't written in in several years, probably. For many other threads I'm particularly active in, nothing.

And to make it even weirder, sometimes it ends up in the inbox and sometimes it ends up in spam. Again, I have no idea what the rule of thumb is there.

This is weird, because although I unticked everything (my e-mail is cluttered as is), I still get e-mail notifications about a reply in a watched thread, but only occasionally and only for some threads. There's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it's twice a day and sometimes it's after several weeks. Also the threads it picks are absolutely random, like recently I got an e-mail for the 1M replies thread (OK, sounds reasonable) and just today for the Judas Priest thread - which I probably haven't written in in several years, probably. For many other threads I'm particularly active in, nothing.

And to make it even weirder, sometimes it ends up in the inbox and sometimes it ends up in spam. Again, I have no idea what the rule of thumb is there.
Yeah I also unclicked everything to stop emails about thread notifications and they still fill up my feed.

If you're having problems with this, can you try going to the Watched Threads page and using the dropdown to choose Disable Email Notifications and see if that helps.

Marking board emails as spam means email providers start rejecting our mails, which means in time, nobody new will be able to register - as I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to get the site unblocked with Gmail or Hotmail. Thanks.

Back